CLARA MARIA KILAHA
A. 10660 – 00200 NAIROBI KENYA / C: +254-728-543094/ E: email@example.com
Highly driven and motivated researcher with over 10 years of progressive experience who thrives in high-pressure environments. A professional with a scientific background who takes pride in finding the right solutions for difficult problems and the analytical ability to achieve goals. Passionate about linking research to policy and development, nature conservation, environmental sustainability and working with community members. Equally demonstrated abilities in strategic thinking and planning, recognized for conducting successful detailed fieldwork surveys and desk reviews for several client bodies. Additionally, an excellent cultivator of relationships of different stakeholders of diverse cultures. Specialist with a strong propensity to collect, compile and analyze data, and make decisions that support department and organization objectives; use data to train stakeholders in identifying process improvement initiatives and assigning value indicators to improvements. Serves as an affable and compassionate leader who inspires trust and confidence with working experience in cross-functional teams.
CORE PROFESSIONAL EXPERTISE
– Strategic Partnerships and Relationship Management
– Market research and Insight Generation
– Qualitative and Quantitative research
– Monitoring and Evaluation
– Assessments, training, quality control and assurance.
– Administrative and operations management
– Report writing and presentation
– Statistical data collection, analysis and visualization to decision
– Scientific Research, planning, preparation, supervision and execution
– Proficient with Microsoft office suite i.e excel and advanced excel
– Knowledge on SPSS data analysis software
RESEARCHER/ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT (EIA) EXERT
DETRA Africa (2018 -2021)
– Collaboratively worked alongside a leadership team on projects and helped with organizing and carried out qualitative fieldwork in a variety of locations and contexts throughout Kenya.
– Conducted field visits and desk reviews using a variety of methods and data sources to identify impacts on the environmental values nearby.
– Generated a baseline data for monitoring and evaluation for each project and contributed to the creation of reports on all research activities.
– Provided targeted education and training to fellow team members, other stakeholders and community audiences on various programs and research topics.
– Proposed mitigation measures to curb the negative impacts of the project on the environment all while coming up with alternatives to the proposed project, evaluating their impacts and entering and analyzing data.
– Assisted my team members in the compilation of the final EIA study report in a timely manner.
– Participated in the formulation and synthesis of proposals and conducting literature reviews and developing white papers on cutting edge assessment practices and research findings including computer adaptive testing.
IMPACT AFRICA LIMITED, Nairobi (2014 – 2016)
– Recognized by the CEO and fellow colleagues for exhibiting the drive and focus during surveys and offering support to other enumerators using quantitative data analysis.
– Developed a household survey tool, participated in the sampling process, accurately administered the questionnaires and collated the final data in a timely data.
– Assisted with the coordination of research and innovation activities to promote the development of the monitoring and evaluation and an implementation plan.
– Worked cooperatively with all levels of staff to ensure the department was well synchronized; conducted successful stakeholder mapping training for staff members on a quarterly basis with the aim to create confidence and performance among the members.
– Selected by Western Indian Ocean Marine Science Association to host their social media accounts and on completion, applauded for my professionalism, problem solving and exceptional qualitative analysis.
– Prioritized a baseline household -field survey (Observation, Focus group discussions and Key informant interviews) in the coastal areas of Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Malawi and Zambia.
– Conducted a thorough desk review and developed a situation analysis using data sets (SWOT and EPISTLE Analysis) on the collected online survey data.
– Analyzed the qualitative and quantitative data using SPSS and MS excel and used my presentation skills for the dissemination of data.
– Facilitated a successful training to diverse stakeholders and staff members using a netmap stakeholder analysis software.
– Developed tailor made communication objectives, key messages and communication tactics for each client strategy all while editing the final reports and strategies for different client projects.
ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT INTERN
KENYA WILDLIFE SERVICE HEADQUARTERS (April – June 2014)
– Reviewed Environmental and social impact assessment (ESIA) projects all while performing regular site inspections and conservation areas assessments.
– Wrote accurate research reports on the ESIA projects in a timely manner and assisted scientific researchers as and when called upon.
– Effectively handled departmental logistics such as meeting and workshop organization, as well as the smooth flow of information and programs.
– Worked on similar activities to the ESIA projects such as Environmental auditing.
NATIONAL MUSEUMS OF KENYA (April – June 2010)
– Assisted with surveying, analyzing data and the identification and sorting of various invertebrates.
– Supported qualitative data analysis via interviews, focus group discussions, workshops and maintained and updated the invertebrates database information
– Performed data collection by trapping various invertebrates for identification and analysis.
– Facilitated the implementation of quality improvement processes and metrics to maximize activity efforts.
OTHER RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE:
Administrative Assistant, The Catholic University of Eastern Africa (August – December 2012)
– Consistent with a high level of interactive community service, develops and maintains collaborative relationships and has a strong work ethic and time management skills.
– Enthusiastic and well recognized as having outstanding people skills, ability to multitask and mange multiple projects all while influencing effectively at all levels and bringing a variety of issues to resolution.
– Excellent and articulate communication and problem solving skills, particularly in intercultural communication, strong professional writing, interpersonal and public relation skills.
– An intelligent and highly efficient mind, who thinks strategically, anticipates future consequences and trends and incorporates them into the organizational plan.
– Well developed intercultural competencies accompanied by superior written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
– Ability to define project objectives, research methods, data collection, data analysis, monitoring and implementation activities.
– Analytical mindset, high capacity, result oriented and ability to deliver in fast paced all while working the staff at all levels within a diverse, multicultural, collaborative environment.
– Drives speaking assignments and tasks based on results and attention to detail, able to analyze complex issues, break them down into processed and functions and propose solutions.
Maters of Arts, Environmental Planning and management
University of Nairobi (2013- 2016)
Bachelor of Sciences in Biology (Botany & Zoology)
The Catholic University Of Eastern Africa, Nairobi (2007 – 2011)
DR JOHN WAITHAKA
P.O. BOX 14368 – 00100 NAIROBI KENYA
CELL: +254 799 029962
DR BETHWELL OWUOR
SENIOR LECTURER – KISII UNIVERSITY
P.O. BOX 408 – 40200 KISII, KENYA
CELL: +254-719 558738
DIZON ODILON JR.
SENIOR LECTURER – CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY OF EASTERN AFRICA
P.O. BOX 62157 – 00200 NAIROBI KENYA
CELL: +254- 722 749593
EMAIL: ODIZONJR @CUEA.EDU
UNIVERSITY OF NAIROBI
- 2013 - 2016 MASTERS OF ARTS IN ENVIRONMENTAL PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT
CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY OF EASTERN AFRICA, NAIROBI KENYA
- 2007 - 2011 BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN BIOLOGY