Public Relations Officer
In line with our commitment to bring on board talented and motivated team members, we are seeking to recruit a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position of a Public Relations Officer.
Job Ref: ZU/10/25/109
Reporting to the Corporate Affairs and Public Relations Officer, the position holder will, among other duties be responsible for:
- Writing and producing presentations and press releases;
- Coordinating collation of information within the University for dissemination to relevant stakeholders;
- Conducting media relations including media invites and support services for coverage;
- Conducting press review and media Monitoring;
- Organizing and attending promotional events;
- Planning publicity strategies and campaigns;
- Preparing reports and analysis;
- Writing and editing in house magazines, case studies, speeches, articles and annual reports;
- Preparing and supervising the production of brochures handouts photographs, films etc;
- Maintaining and updating information on the Universities website;
- Managing,updating information and engaging with users on social media.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations or Media studies;
- A minimum of 3 years of public relations / communication experience;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in photography and videography;
- Membership to professional body is an added advantage;
- Proficiency in digital media and graphic design tools is an added advantage.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills;
- Crisis management skills;
- Awareness of different media and social media trends;
- Exemplary editing and proofreading skills;
- Ability to collaborate widely with various groups throughout the community;
- Ability to work in a flexible schedule and manage multiple tasks.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Interested applicants to send their application letters and updated CVs quoting Job Ref. as the subject, indicating the current and expected salary not later than 27th April 2021.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Zetech University is an equal opportunity employer
About Zetech University
Zetech University is the premier university for the education of Technology, Science and Business oriented global leaders, offering an exceptional learning experience to thousands of youth from Kenya and beyond.