Head of Finance
Job TypeFull Time
Experience5 – 10 years
Job FieldAdministration / Secretarial
Head of Finance is a position based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania as the Overall Strategic Advisor for the business and responsible for the functions of Finance and Control to ensure implementation of sound accounting, financial management, control system and procedures for the local entity.
- Management: As part of local management team, support the Country Manager within the areas of finance, accounting and controlling and implementation of the countries strategy while ensuring working capital is managed efficiently and in the most optimal manner.
- Reporting: Ensure quality and timely reporting of the financial statement, statutory and tax reporting.
- Facilitate Business Plan process and ensure quality input and timely reporting together with the Country Manager.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with Corporate Governance, Yara’s accounting principles, local IRFS/tax regulations and Yara’s ICFR (Internal Control over Financial Reporting) principles.
- Tax: Responsible for the quality of any outsourced activity (accounting, tax)
- Ensure preparation and filing of statutory reporting is performed according to local requirements.
- Collaboration: Lead and develop the Finance team in line with Yara values and performance management requirements.
- Build and develop effective working relations with all internal and external stakeholders.
ACADEMIC & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- University degree in Finance and/or Accounting.
- Chartered Accountant (CPA, ACCA)
- Competent in IFRS and local tax regulations.
- Working Knowledge of ERP systems (SUN,SAP)
- Minimum of 10 years working experience 5 (five) of which should be in a multinational company
- 5 years’ experience in a senior/managerial finance role within a global entity.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili languages.
- Technical Competencies—Governance, Risk and Controlling, Accounting, IFRS understanding
- Interpersonal Competencies—Relationship Management, Communication, conflict management, personal effectiveness and credibility.
- Business Competencies—Business Acumen, Critical Evaluation.
- Competent in advanced microsoft office applications.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Yara East Africa Ltd
What we do Yara’s knowledge, products and solutions grow farmers’, distributors’ and industrial customers’ businesses profitably and responsibly while protecting the earth’s resources, food, and environment. Our fertilizers, crop nutrition programs and technologies increase yields, improve product quality and reduce the environmental impact of agricultural practices. Our industrial and environmental solutions improve air quality by reducing emissions from industry and transportation, and serve as key ingredients in the production of a wide range of goods. Throughout our organization, we foster a culture that promotes the safety of our employees, contractors and societies. Founded in 1905 to solve emerging famine in Europe, today Yara has a worldwide presence with more than 16,000 employees and sales to more than 150 countries. What we offer We deliver a complete portfolio of offerings Crop Nutrition solutions Nitrogen application solutions Environmental solutions Basic products Ammonia Urea Single superphosphate (SSP) Nitric Acid Nitrates NPK Calcium Nitrate (CN) Technical Ammonium Nitrate (TAN)