Job Type Full Time
Job Field Administration / Secretarial
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
To optimize the implementation of WHO’s global health mandate for Poliomyelitis Eradication through establishment of monitoring of effective and responsive management, administration and supportive policies, systems and services. The objective is to promote a collaborative working environment, ensures prompt financial, programme implementation and monitoring and efficient distribution of resources in support of WHO’s leadership role in international health.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The incumbent will perform some or all of the duties below relevant to the PEI programme in SOM:
- Plan, recommend and implement systems, norms and procedures, in compliance with existing policies, for the administration of human, financial and material resources, as well as for the monitoring, control and evaluation of such processes.
- Ensure financial transactions are in compliance with the financial rules and regulations and that the imprest accounts are reconciled and submitted to the Regional Office in a timely manner. Formulate general and specific budgetary estimates for projects; plan, organize and monitor the application, control and accounting of approved budgetary allocations by programmes.
- Provide managerial and administrative support in the implementation of all WHO collaborative programme through initiation of relevant proposals for all planned activities as per plans of action and periodic monitoring of their implementation.
- Provide a range of human resources services, including forecasting future needs, coordinating/facilitating recruitment, training and staff orientation and implementation of performance management in collaboration with the relevant RO/HRO.
- Lead procurement of services required for management of country office or for support of technical programs, participating in local contract committees and ensuring best value for money in procurement practices as per the delegated authority. Ensures appropriate asset management, provide relevant reports to the management.
- In case Field Security Officer position is not established in the duty station, coordinate with the United Nations
- Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS) and EMRO Regional Field Security Officer to ensure the Minimum
- Operating Security Standards (MOSS) compliance, timely report on security related incidents, disseminate security and travel advisory information and arrange security briefings and training of staff.
- Supervise Information Technology support services provided either by Information technology technicians or by
- IT service firm(s) under contract with WHO. Oversee the monitoring and assessment of end user support, management of the local office infrastructure, and provision of access to global applications in coordination with RDO/DAF/ITT EMRO and following regional and global Information Technology and Information Technology standards, procedures and guidelines.
- Provide guidance and supervise Country Office administration team ensuring that activities are carried out in a highly professional and timely manner; optimizes the performance of the subordinate staff through motivation, continuous learning, workload management and workflow improvements, Cultivates strong, proactive, long-term partnership between the Country Office administration team and other teams within the Country Office as well as with Department of Administration and Finance in the Regional Office.
- Essential: First university degree in public or business administration, finance or accounting, human resources management or other relevant field.
- Desirable: An advanced university degree (Masters level or above) in Business Administration, Management,
- Human Resources or related field.
- Essential: At least five years of relevant experience with minimum of two years at the international level, including supervision of staff.
- Desirable: Previous experience in administrative or programme areas in WHO or another UN agency would be an asset, preferably in a developing country. Experience working with Result Based Management approach.
- Ability to work closely in harmony with government and international officials at all levels.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to act independently and exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to work harmoniously as a leader as well as member of a team.
- Thorough knowledge of administrative and management principles and practices (including, but not limited to the areas of Human Resources, Finance, Budget, Logistics, Procurement and Security).
- Good general knowledge of enterprise resource planning systems.
- Skills in programme formulation, design and research development an asset
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
About WorldHealth Organization (WHO)
The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations that is concerned with international public health. It was established on 7 April 1948, headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland.