MEAL Coordinator – Ark 2030 Program
Job Type Full Time
Experience 5 years
Job Field Project Management
Reporting to : Program Director – Ark 2030
Grade Level : 15
Purpose of Position
The MEAL Advisor will establish an effective monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning system, with roles to develop, review and implement a robust Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning framework and tools to facilitate measurement of progress; enhance compliance of Ark 2030 Program with World Vision and consortium partners’ standards, policy frameworks and best practices in achieving efficiency and accountability as per donor requirements
Program Planning (25%)
- Ensure that Program is planned/designed in accordance to the agreed partners/donor standards by providing requisite tools including templates, guidelines and review tools.
- Provision of ARK 2030 Program partners with strategic direction in the planning/designing processes
- Together with the Program team and consortium partners, organize and facilitate Strategic/multiyear Plans/designs and budgets for the overall Program.
- Coordinate and support ARK 2030 consortium members to generate designs and plans for their components of the Program in their respective counties and Program sites.
- Together with ARK 2030 consortium (WVK, ICRAF, CARE, CRS, JUSTDIGGIT, TNC) partners, review and update log frames, M&E Plans, Program indicators and periodic targets and detailed implementation plans.
- Support develop clear and implementable work break down structure for respective Program activities
- Together with the identified partners identify and document the geographical coverage of each partner and produce a RS/GIS activity /Program map.
- Together with the finance team, ensure realistic scheduling of Program activities and budgets.
End Results Expected
- Functional monitoring framework, M&E Plans and tools in place.
- Project targets met
- Program plans/ Work break downs and timely implemented
- Project Maps in place.
Implementation, co-ordination and quality assurance (25%)
- Coordinate the successful roll out and implementation of all MEAL related initiatives among the partners
- Coordinate and convene the partners’ technical advisory teams (TATs)
- Support the Program partners to develop appropriate implementation strategies for the Program.
- Develop and disseminate clear business processes for respective MEAL components and Program implementation planning procedures/ business processes for partners
- Develop and support implementation of Program MEAL annual calendars
- Lead the process of organization capacity assessments for potential local partners.
- Lead national partner capacity building initiatives on Planning, M&E, Accountability and Learning
- Ensure that respective consortium staff are provided with requisite MEAL technical support to perform.
- Coordinate the successful roll out and implementation of all MEAL related initiatives for the Program among partners.
- Coordinate inter-county exchange meetings on M&E for lessons learnt and upscale to regional programme level intervention
- Develop fully cross-functional and effective working relationships between and amongst key local partners,
- Secretariat and consortium (WVK, ICRAF, CARE, CRS, JUSTDIGGIT, TNC) partners,
- Coordinate effective implementation and delivery of measurements (Characterizations studies, Baseline and
- Evaluation Surveys) in collaboration with key partners.
- Coordinate and facilitate timely review and sharing of all Program documents; plans/designs and reports.
- Support all field level Programs to implement, monitor and evaluate interventions as per standards and procedures of the donor.
- Ensure that business processes, standards and policies developed in coordination with other implementing partners are effectively implemented by all partners.
End Results Expected
- Project well implemented and executed as planned.
Monitoring, Reporting and Accountability (25%)
- Develop and share for use requisite standardized MEAL programming tools including templates, guidelines and review tools for assessments, designs/plans, baselines, evaluations and reporting.
- Take lead in the design and implementation of a monitoring framework to track delivery against program objectives.
- Monitor and coordinate activities of partners/service delivery organizations, including the (process).
- Coordinate, participate and report on technical field monitoring visits.
- Take charge of collating and analysing data and synthesizing information, updating the monitoring matrix and other monitoring tools in place.
- Ensure timely analysis of monitoring data and dissemination to key stakeholders for management decision making.
- Support remote sensing and GIS Mapping of Program activities, Outputs and Beneficiaries in all the Counties in collaboration with ICRAF and other consortium partners
- Ensure the appropriate use of information management systems in compliance with WV Kenya, GoK, and Ark 2030 donor and in line with partnership agreements.
- Coordinate reporting from partners and support the Program team and consortium members to gather relevant data and compile and submit quality reports on the Program implementation and any other reports required by donor and/or any of the partners.
- Provide regularly updated reports to the Program director /secretariat on the status of implementation against set objectives and targets.
- Additionally, the incumbent will work with Programme teams to ensure timely and quality technical reports (monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual) as per WV standards and donor requirements.
- Support establishment of accountability mechanisms for the program to enhance information sharing and complaints and timely feedback flow.
End Results Expected
- We// documented reports meeting donor and standard reporting requirements
- Up to date mapping of all project assets and profile.
- Up to date monitoring system (Horizon).
- Design documents meets the LEAP and relevant donor specific standards
Research, Learning and Knowledge Management (20%)
- Take lead in the analysis of data collected under the monitoring framework for assessment of progress and areas for improvement.
- Coordinate periodic reviews/evaluations of ARK 2030 interventions using appropriate methodologies such as LQAs to determine progress/achievements
- Together with other consortium partners, coordinate and ensure Program baseline and end line surveys are undertaken as scheduled, processes are conducted in a timely manner and quality reports are produced as per standards.
- Together with consortium partners, undertake operational researches/action researching, in producing scientific, analytical and evidence based products for implementation in future
- Coordinate inter-county exchange meetings on MEAL for lessons learnt and scale up of program level interventions
- Establish effective knowledge management mechanisms including documentation and sharing of innovative/ promising / best practices or lessons learned and impacts;
- Ensure that lessons learnt and reports are documented (printed, visual) and published for sharing with the donor and other partners.
- Organize and conduct learning forums/events at regular points to facilitate learning by the consortium partners
- Facilitate ongoing and collaborative learning within WVK and partners based on key data from the performance management system.
- Through the Project Communications Officer ensure the effective communication of and about the Program with beneficiaries, WV Kenya, Consortium Partners, GoK, GEA, Ark 2030 donor and other partners
End Results Expected
- Sound Methodology and tools applied in the scheduled surveys/measurements and other studies.
- Documented evidence of feedback/input provided on the various DME products.
- Up to date implementation of action researches given in regular tracking reports.
- Well documented reflection and learning report on the surveys/study findings
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by supervisor or designee from time to time
- Participate and contribute in committees and task forces
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Degree in Natural Resource Management, Agriculture, Agri-business management, Agro-forestry, Range land
- Management, Dryland Agriculture, Environmental studies, Climate Change or equivalent
- Post graduate training in M&E or Statistics or related field
- Minimum of 5 Years of professional experience in program planning, monitoring and evaluation of multi-agency livelihood and Resilience grants in Pastoral and or Agro-pastoral regions;
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills and expertise in working with online program design and monitoring systems, research design, execution, analysis and interpretation skills and experience in the use of complex statistical tools and systems and Management Information systems
- The holder of this position must be a results orientated person who can handle a heavy work load as well as manage and satisfy multiple and at times conflicting organizational, donor and other stakeholder demands;
- Experience in the execution of development cooperation projects and consortiums;
- Deep understanding and ability to work in fragile often interfaith community contexts.
- Good understanding of Sustainable NRM models e.g. FMNR and other Evergreen Agriculture, Tree based value chains, Market systems strengthening’s, Disaster Management, Peace Programming and Governance,
- Must have skills and ability to provide training and mentorships.
- S/he must be a self-starter, able to work under minimum supervision and maintain good relationships.
- Practical experience working with local communities, government, private sector, institutions and traditional authorities in pastoral and agro-pastoral ASAL regions;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, networking and representation skills.
- Proven leadership qualities, problem-solving and negotiation skills, and evidence of successful team player
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
About World Vision Kenya
World Vision is an international Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working in almost 100 countries world-wide to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.