Grant Fnance Manager
Job Type Full Time
Experience 5 years
Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Reporting to : Program Director – Ark 2030
Grade Level : 15
Purpose of Position
To promote Grants financial stewardship, accountability, reliability and accuracy of financial reports as well as implementation of donor regulations and financial policies. Overseeing the financial management of implementing partners, risk assessment, capacity building and budget preparation & negotiation.
Financial Management (30%)
- Manage all financial demands for the program budget in line with donor and WV requirements.
- Preparation and negotiation with the donor on the proposal budget including any amendments
- Lead the budget negotiations process with sub-grantees to ensure accurate and reasonable annual budgets.
- Preparation of Program Management Unit budget. Database with individual as well as consolidated annual budget available.
- Manage and ensure Sub-grantees have internal control systems in place such that accounting records are complete, accurate and are maintained on a consistent basis within the generally acceptable accounting principles.
- Manage the entire Program liquidity process to ensure adequate funds are available to meet sub-recipient disbursement requirements and arising obligations.
- Maintain accounting vouchers and files of the Program partners.
- Ensure that sub- grantees (partners) with weak capacity are trained in developing internal controls and accounting records.
- Provide confirmation of availability budget prior to expenditure being incurred under the Program.
- Review and timely submission of Program financial data to finance or incorporation into the Ledger.
- Review expenses charged to grants for accuracy and completeness.
- Review monthly bank statements.
- Ensure an updated Asset register is maintained.
End Results Expected
- Implementation of projects within approved budgets
- Timely and Accurate Financial Plans, Budgets, and Forecasts in place.
- Timely Financial implementation in the projects and that variance explanations for Reports will be accurate and realistic.
- Grants regulations and standards are adhered to.
- Sufficient cash for field operations
Financial Analysis and Reporting (25%)
- Prepare monthly financial reports for the Program to ensure, spending is monitored to and it is in line with the approved budget. Variances explained.
- Ensure financial reports are received from sub-grantee, reviewed and consolidated and available to assist in decision making.
- Review and where necessary provide appropriate expense codes for items requested by project staff to ensure accurate posting of expenses to avoid misposting.
- Carry out monthly and quarterly analytical reports submitted to the Finance Director and Management.
- Timely response to any queries relating to the financial aspects of the grant from the donor, WV NO, WVI partnership, Auditors and Sub-grantees.
End Results Expected
- Accurate and timely financial reports submitted as per the donor specific requirements.
- Periodical grants financial statements prepared and shared with project staff.
Risk Management, Audits and Compliance (20%)
- Ensure donor requested information is submitted on time.
- Ensure grant implementation and reporting follows donor rules and regulations.
- Work closely with the procurement department to ensure compliance with grants procurement guidelines
- Coordinate grant project audits & reviews and follow up on audit recommendations to ensure 100% implementation.
- Ensure all copies of final signed Grant agreement documents are available on file.
- Facilitate storage of financial reports and records pertaining to the Program in line with the donor and WV requirements.
- Actively participating and facilitating in project start up workshops to ensure financial aspect of projects are fully understood.
- Attend Program Quarterly Review Meetings and give feedback, updates and recommendations on the financial aspect of the Program.
- Under-take field visits to ensure financial reports can be linked to the programmatic reports.
- Manage the Audit process of all partners of the program as per donor requirements. Follow up on implementation of audit recommendations.
- Ensure all grant projects are audited according to the donor requirements.
- Ensure that findings and recommendations from audits and various donor accountability mechanisms are acted upon in a timely and effective manner in consultation with Operations Team.
- Ensure the grant operate within WV internal control systems to mitigate risks and ensure accountability that will result in good audit ratings.
- Work with the donors to develop Terms of reference for special purpose grant audits.
- Reconcile LDRs with the payroll.
- Ensure grant projects close out procedures are done according to the donor guidelines.
End Results Expected
- Only bonafide project expenses are reported to donors.
- Donor rules and regulations are adhered to.
- Appropriate procurement rules and guidelines are followed.
- 100% implementation of the audit recommendations within 90 days.
- Startup workshops for grants are conducted before activity implementation.
- Regular field visits- at least once per quarter to every implementing partner.
- All grant audits receive an acceptable audit rating.
- Audit recommendations implemented within 90 days after the audit report.
- 100% compliance on LDR charges.
- Realistic TOR developed for special purpose grants
Sub grantee Management (15%)
- Ensure due diligence for new sub-grantees is conducted to ascertain strength of partners systems.
- Taking lead in sub-granting process, ensuring grant agreement are well executed.
- Capacity assessment of Sub-recipients financial management systems on their ability to manage and report accurately on the grant funds.
- Monitor sub-grantee financial performance and adherence to donor regulations
- Take lead in continuous improvement of the quality of documentation/financial reports submitted by sub-recipients as a result of training sessions conducted.
- Ensure timely submission of sub grantee financial reports for review, consolidation and timely submission to donor.
- Thorough review of submitted financial reports, all sub-recipients are privy to information as to their performance, avenues for improvement and what is expected of them.
End Results Expected
- Timely disbursement of funds to the sub-grantee
- Adherence of donor rules and regulations by sub grantees.
- Project expenses incurred by sub grantees are eligible.
- Updated files for sub grantees
Capacity Building and staff management (5%)
- Coordinate professional and personal development of finance project staff for assigned grant through adequate orientation, on the job coaching, identification of training needs and opportunities
- Ensure effective performance management as per WVI guidelines and standards
- Ensure staff capacity is developed to enhance efficiency in execution of duties.
- Create an environment that enhances team development.
End Results Expected
- Highly motivated staff.
- Clear succession plan
- High quality reports and budgets
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by supervisor or designee from time to time
- Participate and contribute in committees and task forces
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum Bachelor of Commerce in Economics, Accounting/ Finance or Business related field from a reputable institution. A Master’s degree in Finance will be an added advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, good interpersonal skills.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in accounting field and at least 2 years in grants management
- Fully certified accountant and a member of either ICPAK/ACCA
- Sound Knowledgeable on grant accounting and experience in donor funding requirements.
- Demonstrable experience in leadership, strategic thinking and results based management in grant financial matters.
- Experience managing partners.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
About World Vision Kenya
World Vision is an international Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working in almost 100 countries world-wide to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.