Finance and Administration Manager – CoP (Kenya)
Job Type Full Time
Experience 7 years
Job Field Administration / Secretarial , Finance / Accounting / Audit
Purpose of Position
The Finance and Administration Manager will be responsible for all aspects of budgeting; financial management and reporting; contract/sub-award procurement and management; human resources management, asset management, logistics, and prime award compliance with terms and conditions of the award. The FAM oversees all activity operations will ensure Grants financial stewardship, accountability, reliability and accuracy of financial report.
Financial Management and Reporting (20%)
- Overall coordination of finance, procurement and administration functions of the program
- Provide technical support and leadership to finance teams.
- Review and provide appropriate expense codes for items requested by program staff to ensure accurate posting of expenses.
- Ensure timely and accurate grant financial reports submission to donors and other stakeholders in alignment with World Vision and USAID requirements
- Proper record keeping of key financial documents including the agreements, approved budgets, financial report and other correspondences
- Conduct financial analysis of grant expenditure for management
Budgeting & Budgetary control (20%)
- Ensure the grant budgets and financial plans meet donor requirements.
- Advise management on and monitor grants budgets, funding requirements, expenditures and support the management in execution of the same
- Ensure accurate and quality budgets are uploaded into existing databases and systems.
- Develop realistic cash flow forecasts in line with the plans.
- Review and provide appropriate guidance on budget and expense coding.
Ensure compliance with grant regulations and requirements (15%)
- Actively participating and facilitating in project start up workshops to ensure financial aspect of projects are fully understood
- Review expenses charged to grants for accuracy and completeness.
- Ensure grant implementation and reporting follows donor rules and regulations.
- Ensure timely submission of financial donor requested information
- Work closely with the procurement department to ensure compliance with grants procurement guidelines
Contract/Sub-awards Procurement and Management (15%)
- Conduct due diligence for new sub-grantees to ascertain strength of partner’s systems.
- Provide technical support in sub-granting process, ensuring grant agreement are well executed.
- Monitor sub-grantee financial performance and adherence to donor regulations
- Enhance financial capacity of Sub grantees through continuous training based on need and the due diligence outcomes
- Review sub-grantee’s financial reports
- Consolidate and track the grant annual procurement plans
- Manage the contracting processes for the grant and ensure sufficient internal controls in line with donor guidelines
- Ensure monitoring and tracking of contracts implementation.
Administration and Staff Management (15%)
- Provide effective human resource support including administrative, logistical services and information management to the grant team for a smooth program delivery.
- Oversee logistics coordination including program activities, trainings and ensuring day-to-day support to the teams.
- Ensure that staff and assets are secured, safe and well maintained
- Ensure strong and positive leadership is provided to grant team
- Ensure that administration and logistics function have systems and mechanisms for grant effectiveness including clean, secure and hospitable place to work.
- Provide oversight of fleet management including transportation and logistics
- Coordinate professional and personal development of the staff through adequate orientation, on the job coaching, identification of training needs and opportunities
- Ensure effective performance management as per WVI guidelines and standards
- Ensure finance and administration staff capacity is developed in to enhance efficiency in execution of duties
Asset Management (10%)
- Maintain an inventory schedule for all assets purchased under the grant
- Ensure all assets and inventory are properly tagged and branded as per the donor guidelines
- Guide efficient utilization of program assets and inventory
- Perform inventory counts periodically in line with USAID and World Vision guidelines
- Ensure asset disposal is as per the laid down policies and donor guidelines
Other duties Assigned 5%
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, or other relevant fields.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience overseeing grantee compliance with donor requirements for activities for over USD 20m
- Minimum of 7 years of experience supervising overall operations of donor-funded activities (e.g. teams of human resource, logistics, grant/contract, and finance staff).
- Professional Accountancy qualification (Certified Public Accountants – CPA, Association of Chartered Certified
- Accountants – ACCA, or equivalent membership of a recognized professional accountancy organization in good standing).
- Sound Knowledgeable on grant accounting and experience in donor funding e.g. USAID, DFID, UN etc. requirements.
- Excellent financial management skills with strong analytical and computer skills, with emphasis on budgeting and financial analysis.
- Extensive experience in managing donor funded projects as well as managing partner organizations.
- Demonstrable experience in leadership, strategic thinking and results based management in grant financial matters.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience managing and building financial management capacity of partners
- A good understanding of the full cycle of a grant
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
About World Vision Kenya
World Vision is an international Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working in almost 100 countries world-wide to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.