Faith & Development Knowledge Management & Capability Advisor
Job Type Full Time
Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
World Vision’s global strategy, Our Promise, puts strong emphasis on ‘living out our Christian faith with boldness and humility’. This means ensuring all WV programming is holistic and transformational in nature. The Faith and Development (F&D) Knowledge Management and Capability Advisor role will be critical in enabling World Vision (WV) entities to learn fulfil this vision.
The F&D Knowledge Management and Capability Advisor designs and manages systems that help knowledge flow to and between the right people at the right time (in the right format and at the right cost) so they can act more efficiently and effectively to deliver quality integrated programming that impacts the most vulnerable children, and furthers the goals of WV’s global strategy.
This role will develop and implement an F&D KM and capability enhancement system (including guidelines, processes, competencies, learning assets and learning pathways) to support WV teams to plan and implement comprehensive F&D competency and capability strengthening interventions.
This role will manage and provide expert advice to the sector Communities of Practice (CoP) and other learning networks regarding collecting and sharing lessons learned, identifying and validating promising practices for programme quality improvement, increasing staff capacity for field-level engagement, subject matter expert identification, and planning online learning opportunities for community members. In conjunction with the Global Knowledge Management team, s/he will establish knowledge management systems and processes to ensure cross Partnership learning and development and support world-class implementation of holistic development programmes.
This role is responsible for coordinating strategic internal and external communications to share evidence of WV’s impact in partnership with key stakeholders. This role liaises with Global Centre Communications and Marketing teams, as well as SO, RO, and FO communicators and marketers in order to share evidence of WV’s impact with external audiences to attract new donors and partners, and to build WV’s reputation as a global leader in faith and child wellbeing.
The role will engage externally to share and also explore/learn how other organizations build F&D capabilities and knowledge management. S/he will connect with academic institutions and other organizations to partner as appropriate for the benefit of Partnership wide [SECTOR] Capability and KM agenda and systems, and to identify learning opportunities.
- Develop and implement the F&D KM strategy, in line with Our Promise and the faith based Strategic Initiative.
- Establish, develop and maintain sector’s knowledge sharing processes (i.e. knowledge access, capture, sharing, transfer, and retention) and information management system, using wvcentral, wvi.org, Horizon and PowerBI.
- This includes establishing and growing the F&D Community of Practice (CoP).
- Provide support and advice to other sector CoP’s.
- Promote a culture of collaboration and sharing among F&D stakeholders and programmatic subject matter experts.
- With appropriate systems, support data analysis and reporting on the Faith related Strategic Imperative.
- Ensure that M&E data and research are socialized internally and key findings are reviewed and validated for programme quality improvement.
- Serve as a member the Global Knowledge Management-led KM working or advisory groups.
- Develop and implement the F&D Capability Strengthening Strategy, in line with Our Promise and the faith based Strategic Initiative.
- In collaboration with key stakeholders (P&C, learning and development, sector TSO colleague) design the F&D capability development system including competency frameworks, policies, standards, guidelines and capability strengthening processes.
- Develop and manage a system and tools to regularly assess F&D capability, maintaining a portfolio view across the
- Partnership. Coordinate support across entities to address capability gaps.
- In collaboration with CFSN team, lead the development of defined Learning Pathways for F&D (i.e. onboarding, certification, on-going professional development and capacity building) in partnership with P&C.
- Plan, create, and lead collaborative efforts to design learning content using adult learning methodologies and ensuring alignment to sector competency frameworks in collaboration with Learning & Development and sector technical experts.
- Support the implementation of the F&D External Engagement strategy.
- Strengthen and build strategic partnerships with external humanitarian learning agencies and academic institutions on faith issues.
- Engage our external peer partners in knowledge sharing, learning and collaboration on issues of faith and child wellbeing.
- Represent WV among other NGO Knowledge Management Specialists to build collaborative relationships, keep abreast of trends, and promote WV’s promising practices in its KM work.
- Support WV engagement in prioritized external events.
- Internal and External Communications:
- Support the development of the F&D internal communications, in collaboration with CFSN Director, and external communication plan, in collaboration F&D External Engagement.
- Work with the Global Communications Team, and F&D stakeholders to develop external-facing communications that position WV as a thought leader in faith and child wellbeing.
- Manage internal and external F&D communication to ensure relevant information, resources and knowledge assets reach appropriate audiences.
- Carry out additional responsibilities and projects as assigned, including administrative and planning functions.
- Attend and participate in weekly chapel services and devotional/prayer meetings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Master’s degree in a related field. A degree or formal training in social science, communications, development, cross-cultural studies, or other related fields is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in knowledge and information management, systems implementation, and project management, preferably within an international development organisation.
- Training in adult learning pedagogy, visual thinking, and performance consulting..
- Proven experience in sharing knowledge and information appropriately; leading activities that encourage and facilitate sharing; empowering others to organize and disseminate information.
- Proven ability to influence for a transformational change, inspire collaboration and achieve results.
- Excellent communication skills in writing and producing clear, concise and appealing documents, including online facilitation, training and influencing.
- Ability to analyze academic articles and data and to compile compelling summary reports for target audiences.
Capacity to work with others from a diversity of Christian traditions/denominations, theological beliefs.
- Demonstrated Christ-centred life and work with deep personal commitment to Christ.
- Webinar/workshop planning and facilitation.
Knowledge management training, certification.
- Experience in formation and nurturing or virtual communities or practices.
- Experience in dealing with faith related issues in development.
- Website publication and design experience, with the ability to create visual presentations, documents and online sites which engage users using adult learning principles.
- Excellent document editing, formatting and publications skills.
- Strong understanding of online collaboration platforms.
- Contemporary and progressive ICT skills including use of SharePoint.
- Demonstrated experience working across a complex and large organization to achieve work objectives.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
- Fluency in Spanish or French a plus; other languages helpful also.
- Knowledge of and commitment to World Vision objectives and ministry priorities. Support the whole Mission
- Statement, Core Values and Covenant of Partnership.
- Self-starter with strong time management, coordination, prioritization, multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong customer service skills.
- Work collaboratively with team members.
The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 15% of the time.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this for this job.
About World Vision Kenya
World Vision is an international Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working in almost 100 countries world-wide to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.