Chief of Party – OVC ( Kenya)
Job Type Full Time
Job Field Project Management
urpose of Position
World Vision Kenya seeks a Chief of Party for the USAID Local Partner Service Delivery Activity (LPSDA)-OVC Activity. The Chief of Party (CoP) has overall responsibility for the leadership and management of all grant activities, consortium members and staff. The incumbent has principal responsibility for representation for the projects to USAID and local Government entities and provides strategic leadership and supervision of sub-grantees and sub-contractors while ensuring the security, feasibility, and sustainability of the program and ensures the project meets stated goals and reporting requirements.
The COP should embrace the shared Kenyan vision for the project and effectively manage available financial and human resources to make that vision a reality.
Strategic Leadership and management(40%)
- Responsible for the overall planning, implementation and management of the project as well as the achievement of the goals and objectives of the project in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Ensure strong communication and coordination with all team and consortium members as a means to effectively achieve program objectives. Encourage transparency among and between consortium members to promote coordination and effectiveness.
- Lead the planning of project activities and set high quality performance targets ensuring adherence to technical standards, WV regulations, best practices and donor guidelines.
- Design strategies, partnerships and interventions to guarantee the project is gender and ability-sensitive and that WV and implementing partners are accountable to beneficiaries.
- Primary point of contact and collaboration for the team and in-country stakeholders, including USAID, implementation partners, government partners and other key stakeholders.
Strategic Engagement and Donor Relations (20%)
- Direct and oversee grant implementation, ensuring that all strategic objectives are met through proper design, staffing, implementation and quality assurance
- Represent the HIV, OVC, FP/RMNCAH and Nutrition project and World Vision to USAID, Government of Kenya, UN agencies, implementing, technical partners and other appropriate bodies.
- Ensure effective liaison with local government officials, local communities, donor representatives and other stakeholders as appropriate
- Constantly look for more effective and efficient implementation and opportunities to increase impact
Monitoring, Reporting, Documentation & Knowledge Management (15%)
- Establish and maintain effective project reporting, evaluation, and communication systems.
- Submit timely accurate and quality reports that meet donor requirements
- Document and disseminate project best practices, lessons learnt and success stories
Budget Management (20%)
- Manage grant/project budget within approved spending levels and ensure accurate and timely financial reports to donors and World Vision.
- Ensure grant/project expenses are reasonable, allocated as per assigned budget, prudent and spent in accordance with donor rules and regulations to ensure low risk audits
5% Other duties
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Master’s degree in social sciences, public health, medicine, management, business administration, or a related field
- Ten years of experience in a senior role leading a complex technical service delivery program of similar scope and dollar value.
- Seven years of demonstrated experience in partnership building, especially with government representatives, donors, the private sector, and local community organizations.
- Proven ability to manage technical assistance teams and ability to integrate teams of professionals around common goals
- Familiarity with USAID and PEPFAR programs, their history and their development; mastery of USAID regulations governing such programs
- Demonstrated accomplishment in working with host-country professionals, ministries and with donor colleagues in country
- Past experience of working with USG supported projects and knowledge of financial rules and regulations at a senior level.
- Experience in developing program work-plans, budgets, managing implementation, staff and short-term technical assistance.
- Excellent performance track record
- Experience in integrating teams of professionals around common goals and motivating through visionary leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results and meet all donor deliverables.
- Keen understanding of the unique political dynamics of the country and ability to work carefully and collaboratively to support the various political entities in Kenya
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
About World Vision Kenya
World Vision is an international Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working in almost 100 countries world-wide to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.