Compensation and Benefits Specialist
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldHuman Resources / HR
- Support the design of a fair, equitable and competitive total compensation and benefits package
that fits and is aligned to CIFOR and ICRAF strategic goals,In Liaison with supervisor, develop a consistent compensation philosophy in line with workculture and organizational objectives,
- Update the Centres on emerging Compensation and Benefits (C&B) trends, issues and best
- Ensure that compensation practices are in compliance with current legislation (pay equity,
human rights, etc),
- Maintain a comprehensive C&B up-to-date data-based for decision making,
- Update staff cost of employment in a timely manner for annual budget process and requisite
- Coordinate salary and labour market surveys to determine prevailing pay rates and benefits,
- Prepare C&B documents for periodic reporting and audits,
- Manage the compensation and benefits administration of Locally and Globally Recruited staff in
all CIFOR-ICRAF locations
- Ensure all CIFOR and ICRAF staff are registered to relevant insurances i.e. medical, life,
AD&D, LTD and other insurances;
- Negotiate the premium with the insurance companies for national staff coverage;
- Ensure the benefits for GRS are paid according to CIFOR and ICRAF policy e.g. family visit travel allowance, shipping entitlement, annual/sick leave, etc;
- Coordinate and facilitates accurate and timely delivery of employer contributions and employee payroll deductions to respective employee welfare plan administrators, and social security statutory bodies.
- Oversee the preparation and effective administration of the staff payroll.
- Review the salary computation of Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) in all CIFOR-ICRAF location and ensure the payroll is correct and prompt facilitation of payment of the same.
- Maintain an oversight on global payrolls for compliance with the government regulations related to the social security and the Centers’ policy benefits provisions.
- Take reasonable care of own occupational health and safety and that of others as obliged by ICRAF’s Safety Policy; and cooperate with ICRAF in complying with requirements under any statutory health and safety provisions of relevant Country laws;
- Identify and take action to mitigate potential risks within the work area.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education, knowledge, and experience:
- BSc. Human Resources or Business Administration with HR Certification.
- A minimum of 5 years’ working experience as a Compensation and Benefits Specialist or in a similar field.
- Good knowledge of job evaluation and job analysis process.
- Previous experience with labor market surveys.
- Adequate knowledge of current labor rules and regulations.
- Familiarity with various types of incentives and benefits.
Personal Attributes And Competencies
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate and manage confidential data professionally.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within Human Resources and database structures.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About World Agroforestry
The World Agroforestry Centre, is an international institute headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, and founded in 1978. The Centre specializes in the sustainable management, protection and regulation of tropical rainforest and natural reserves.