Communications Officer – Regreening Africa Project
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldMedia / Advertising / Branding
This position will provide timely and effective communications support to the Regreening Africa programme to ensure high quality delivery of services, products and materials intended to raise the awareness, knowledge and profile of regreening practices among partners (donors, NGOs, governments, farmers and farmer organizations.
- Support the execution of the project’s communications strategy;
- Maintain and regularly update social media handles and ensure they are active;
- Support management and updating of the project website regularly by creating rich and engaging content;
- Support project internal communication processes through WhatsApp groups, project calendar, email and Google Drive;
- Maintain and regularly updated the project photo repository on Flickr;
- Support all partners across the eight countries on communication related requests, including the execution of their communication strategies, editing blogs and newsletters, branding tools and material, advise on media and social media engagement, and other requests;
- Manage the editorial approval process of all blogs, newsletters and other communication outputs produced by country teams;
- Write and publish a minimum of one blog per month on key project achievements or other newsworthy activities and events;
- Compile and publish a quarterly newsletter that summarizes project highlights across the eight countries;
- Manage the production of high quality communication materials and products to promote project initiatives, including banners, fact sheets, brochures and infographics;
- Act as the coordinator between the project and CIFOR-ICRAF communications team including ensuring all institutional requirements are followed by the project and its partners;
- Cover project events through photography, blogs and reporting, prior to, during and after the events;
- Support in the development of community videos in Kenya and Ethiopia;
- Support communications component in workshops and reporting;
- Initiate and manage media engagement, including requests sent to the project manager on interviews and editorial pieces.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications related fields (Corporate Communications, Development Communication,
- International Relations, Broadcast Media, Print Media or related fields) with demonstrated experience in environment journalism/writing;
- 3 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Experienced and passionate about writing in the environment fields such as Agroforestry, Forest, climate change, land restoration etc;
- Demonstrated experience in producing high quality graphics and designs for communication;
- Works efficiently and delivers high quality communication outputs in a timely manner with minimum supervision;
- Passionate about the use of social media to create positive change;
- An inspiring and collaborative team player with the desire to support other members of his/her team;
- Creative thinker willing to take leadership and provide creative ideas in communication;
- Capable of working in a high-paced environment to deliver results;
- Ability to read and write French will be an added advantage.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About World Agroforestry
The World Agroforestry Centre, is an international institute headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, and founded in 1978. The Centre specializes in the sustainable management, protection and regulation of tropical rainforest and natural reserves.