Operations Director, Western Kenya WASH
Job Type Full Time
Experience 10 years
Job Field Administration / Secretarial
Winrock is seeking Operations Director candidates for an anticipated USAID-funded Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH)project in Kenya. The project will apply a facilitative approach, working across government, private sector, and civil society, to strengthen availability, accessibility and reliability of WASH services. The project will foster close alliances with county governments and build their capacity for service delivery and regulation, while applying a market-driven lens to support private sector WASH service and equipment providers to deliver services to communities in Kenya. This position is contingent on receipt of donor funding.
- Responsible for day-to-day project implementation, including management and oversight of the financial and administrative aspects of the project, including procurement, grants, sub-contracts, accounting, IT, logistics, human resources, transportation and administration.
- Supervise a team of finance, procurement and administrative professionals.
- Provide support to the COP and work with technical, operations and functional managers to ensure that project activities are being effectively implemented and in compliance with Winrock International and USAID policies and regulations.
- Liaise with finance, administrative, and logistics staff to ensure that all operational activities are executed in a timely manner.
- Contribute to the overall program planning, monitoring and reporting to ensure timely and efficient progress in line with project goals and objectives.
- Provide input and review for project documents including annual work plans, quarterly and weekly reports, and communications materials.
- Liaise with USAID staff in country to facilitate program activities, and maintain relationships with partners, grantees and other project stakeholders.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
- Master’s level degree required, in business administration or a related field
- At least 10 years work experience working in similar positions on USAID or other donor-funded projects.
- Demonstrated relevant experience in project and operations management and supervising staff.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID policies and regulations regarding financial management systems and reporting, procurement processes, and grants management.
- Strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written, to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the initiative and to effectively coordinate with a wide range of regional stakeholders.
- Fluency in English and Swahili required
*Please note that all CVs must be submitted in English.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
About Winrock International
Winrock is a recognized leader in U.S. and international development with a focus on social and environmental issues. As a mission driven, field-based organization, we believe that sustainable development is inclusive and that complex challenges require integrated solutions. We pride ourselves as a learning organization that embraces continuous improvement in program results and processes and a culture of accountability.