Manager, Global Brand
Job TypeFull Time
Experience3 – 5 years
Job FieldMedia / Advertising / Branding
The Wikimedia Foundation seeks a strategic, collaborative, and creative brand leader to help us advance one of the world’s most beloved brands: Wikipedia. This position is part of our larger Communications Team and reports to our Director of Brand.
In this role, you will work with a brand team, Wikimedia volunteers, external partners, technologists, media outlets, and Foundation staff to maintain and grow the Wikimedia brand.
You are responsible for:
- Evolving brand management systems and practices allowing various audiences to easily use brand materials
- Implementing brand strategy recommendations collected from the 2030 Wikimedia Movement Strategy, 2018-19
- Brand Research project, and 2020 Movement Brand Project
- Developing tools for measuring and managing brand value
- Reviewing and responding to requests that make use of the brand
- Managing team of brand professionals including Brand Collabs Lead and a Brand Associate to ensure strategic impact of cultural collaborations and community brand materials
- Educating volunteers, partners, and collaborators on the correct usage of brand materials
- Building and maintaining design library of materials, icons, logos, colors, typefaces, and guidelines for volunteers and partners around the world to use
- Developing new programs, partnerships, and events to increase the global impact of Wikipedia and related projects
- Actively positioning the Wikipedia brand amidst changing technology, societal, and cultural factors
- Collaborating with volunteers around the world to ensure brand materials are globally-relevant
- Researching, measuring, and reporting on brand health
Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years of relevant brand management or marketing experience
- Success working with collaborators across design, technology, legal, marketing, and creative professional fields
- Ability to develop globally-sensitive communications materials
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Qualities that are important to us:
- Resilience—we work on new and interesting problems in public and collaborative ways
- Being open, curious, and inquiring in our work
- Internal motivation and high standards
- Working together for outcomes, and being willing to let go to scale or change course
- Sharing a culture of constructive criticism and respect
Additionally, we’d love it if you have:
- Fluency in multiple languages
- Experience working with volunteer-led organizations
- Understanding of free licensing and copyright
NOTE: When submitting your application, please submit a cover letter conveying why you are interested in this role and our mission.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Wikimedia Foundation
The Wikimedia Foundation is the nonprofit that hosts Wikipedia and our other free knowledge projects. We want to make it easier for everyone to share what they know. To do this, we keep Wikipedia and Wikimedia sites fast, reliable, and available to all. We protect the values and policies that allow free knowledge to thrive. We build new features and tools to make it easy to read, edit, and share from the Wikimedia sites. Above all, we support the communities of volunteers around the world who edit, improve, and add knowledge across Wikimedia projects.