Electrical Maintenance Supervisor
- Supervise Electrical and I & C Technicians in performing preventive maintenance duties on all major equipment and systems, including emergency backup systems.
- Oversee the inspection, repair, installation and removal of all types of motors, generators, transformers, switches, control equipment, wiring, electrical signal and communication systems and storage batteries.
- Maintain equipment files, logs and drawings for all designated equipment and ensure that the data files are completed and current
- Complete other tasks as requested by the Maintenance Manager.
- Develop and implement training program for subordinates.
- Enforces environmental regulation
- Provide technical support to the electrical team to ensure correct procurement of correct and suitable replacement equipment and manage stock levels.
- Effective control of Subcontractors performing electrical
- Keeps abreast of innovative developments and applies them when applicable
- Maintain, control and further develop Electrical procedures for all operations.
- Education B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering or the equivalent preferred; Electrical training
- Experience- 5 to 8 years of progressive experience in the maintenance and repair of electrical equipment and instrumentation control systems. Preferably experience in medium speed diesel engines. Supervisory experience required.
Job Location Athi River II Power Plant Nairobi
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Wartsila Eastern Africa Ltd
Wärtsilä Eastern Africa Limited was established in August 1997 to market and sell power plants and marine Engines in the Eastern Africa Region. (Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Eritrea, Rwanda, Seychelles, Ethiopia, Burundi, Republic of Sudan and Republic of South Sudan). Wärtsilä Eastern Africa Ltd is a member of the worldwide Wärtsilä network. Wärtsilä is a company with 180 Years of experience in serving customers on land and at sea. The company operates in the three business areas - Ship Power, Services and Power Plants - united by the same values and vision.