Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldSecurity / Intelligence
Job Purpose: Strengthen our security mitigations and interventions within the OUs
Vivo Energy operates and markets its products in countries across North, West, East and Southern Africa. The Group has a network of over 2,200 service stations in 23 countries operating under the Shell and Engen brands and exports lubricants to a number of other African countries. Its retail offering includes fuels, lubricants, card services, shops, restaurants and other non-fuel services
The incumbent will interface with Country HSSE Managers from all the Countries where Vivo Energy has operations to ensure that Security Management Systems, Guidelines and Standards are properly implemented.
- Conduct Security Risk Assessment and provide functional leadership to in countries where the Group has operations
- Devise, implement and maintain Physical Security Standards and Threat advisory program for all facilities
- Lead coordinated efforts to set security strategies and conduct physical security surveys
- Oversight of the development and implementation of Facility Security Plans
- Act as the Security SME in HSSE audits and lead the development of mitigation plans for regulatory compliance
- Implement Security Projects where identified including:
- Support the HSSE Managers to develop and maintain liaison with Government and law enforcement agencies so that they may serve as the primary company interface to Government agencies with regard to security regulatory actions and legislative activities affecting the Business in the countries.
- Coordinate with the Country HSSE Managers to ensure adequate support for security operations in each country
- Provide frequent security threat briefings to THE Managing Directors and HSSE LT regarding security incidents, trends, projects and challenges.
- Conduct internal investigations of illegal or unethical activities and violations of Company policy in cooperation
- Managing Directors and other CoB/CoF leaders as required. Such investigations and scope are defined in the
- Group Security Manuals and Control Framework.
- Member of the Group Crisis Team and the Security Lead in major Emergency Response activities and Tier 2/3 National Oil Spill Response.
- Security systems and facility design
- Specification, evaluation and selection of security technology, systems, hardware, vendors and service providers.
- Engagement with C&P in the selection of vendors and the implementation of mutually favourable contract terms.
- This position is challenging from a security operations viewpoint because of the large number of assets to protect and the large number of employees (over 2,000) and contractors (>2,000) that would be impacted by security decisions.
- The physical security challenges posed by internal and external threats will require a focused program.
- This position must keep the business as a focus, remain an enabler and champion of a fitter, faster and more prosperous organization while at the same time being a leader in mitigating risk to ALARP.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Education: University degree or equivalent qualification in Security matters
- Experience: 15 years’ experience in operational and corporate security, law enforcement or related government/military service
- Must have a Certificate of Good Conduct or equivalent Government clearance
- Skills: Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Strong analytical, physical security, systems and facility design skills required; investigative exoerience preferred.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at various levels within the Vivo organization and with local, state and law enforcement officials
- Able to interface with senior level ministerial or elected officials
- Travel: Ability to travel for greater than 50% of the time
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for job.
About Vivo Energy
Vivo Energy is the Shell licensee in 16 countries in Africa. We are proud to offer our customers the very best of Shell’s high quality products and services - including supply reliability, technical expertise and unmatched customer service - in the countries where we operate. In doing so, we have in place industry-leading health and safety standards, and are committed to delivering Shell’s fuels and lubricants in an environmentally and socially responsible manner. A joint venture between Vitol (40%), Helios Investment Partners (40%) and Shell (20%), Vivo Energy represents a unique combination of resources, experience and expertise.