Lubricants Planning Manager
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldProcurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
To manage the lubricants planning process from conversion of demand to supply plans and ensuring realistic supply plans to meet business needs. The role requires planning for primary inputs including base oils and additives and planning the LOBP to fulfill the approved demand on time and in full. The role involves working with other supply chain functional areas to ensure increased throughput efficiency at the LOBP. The role also entails managing packaging supplier contracts to ensure adherence to set agreements.
The role holder is accountable:
- Implement an End-to-End Portfolio strategy to drive results with a consumer focus, ensuring best in class customer service through effective supply planning.
- Be accountable for converting Demand Planning forecast into production/inventory requirements for internal and external suppliers.
- Coordinate with Central Planning for proactive supply scenario planning and integrated business planning in order to support market opportunities.
- Oversee preparation of long-range Master Production Plan and ensure no gaps per Supply Chain Strategy supporting customer service, reduced inventories, maximum efficiency for operations and supply security.
- Coordinate planning function to drive flexibility and responsiveness in order to meet market needs timely and deliver growth targets.
- Be accountable for managing the overall inventory performance in compliance with approved policies, including establishment of safety stock levels and management of inventory obsolescence resolution and optimizes load
- leveling, deployments and utilizes rough cut capacity in development of Master Production Schedule in accordance with inventory plan;
- Act as main communication focal point and escalation point for all supply related topics and driving cross functional collaboration across internal and external partners.
- Support the flawless execution of new product launches, transitions and delisting delivering product to market on time and on budget.
- Manage supplier relations and drives strategic discussions with suppliers to improve overall supplier relationship and performance.
- Ensure high performance culture through management, coaching and developing of direct reports.
- Set and communicate department objectives and clear standards of performance, appropriate training, individual performance evaluations and promptly addressing issues.
- Support Operational Efficiency through effective use of lean tools and support of continuous improvement initiatives, including driving digital work streams to automate and drive efficiency through organization.
- Provide critical thought, give input, and oversee follow through on strategic supply chain initiatives.
- Tracking and reporting key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Support effective S&OP process through timely inputs prior to meetings to facilitate effective business conversations and decision-making and ensure all LSC action items arising from the S& OP process are closed on time.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Continuously maintain optimum Stocks at the least Finance Cost and within the approved stock policy.
- Ability to fulfill VE demand with varying forecast accuracy levels.
- Long varying supply lead times for imported raw materials.
- Ensuring consistent packaging quality to reduce plant disruption and customer complaints
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Planning, Business or a technical discipline with at least 6 years of supply chain experience or Master’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Planning, Business or a technical discipline with at least 4 years of supply chain experience.
- APICS certification or in progress preferred.
- At least five years of experience leading people along with experience creating direction and strategy for managed teams.
- Supply chain management or planning experience in a consumer product or ISO-regulated industry.
- Background and understanding of supply chain management principles such as (but not limited to) Production
- Planning, Purchasing and Forecasting.
- Demonstrated target and performance driven attitude with successful track record leading projects and teams.
- Experience with SAP strongly recommended.
- Strong interpersonal skills for effective relationship management with internal and external business partners/customers.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and specifically Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent analytical and exceptional attention to detail and follow through.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Vivo Energy
Vivo Energy is the Shell licensee in 16 countries in Africa. We are proud to offer our customers the very best of Shell’s high quality products and services - including supply reliability, technical expertise and unmatched customer service - in the countries where we operate. In doing so, we have in place industry-leading health and safety standards, and are committed to delivering Shell’s fuels and lubricants in an environmentally and socially responsible manner. A joint venture between Vitol (40%), Helios Investment Partners (40%) and Shell (20%), Vivo Energy represents a unique combination of resources, experience and expertise.