LPG Sales Manager
Job Type Full Time
Experience 5 years
Job Field Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
The LPG Sales Manager is responsible to lead both Packed and Bulk LPG sales in the country, in a highly competitive and rapidly evolving market. Packed LPG is sold using a B2C business through appointed distributors, therefore application of effective Distributor Management tools, while maintaining relationships with them and growing their customer base is critical to success. Bulk LPG is sold direct to consumer using B2B business model.
Role objective is to maintain, develop and grow existing customers through increased volume and margins whilst at all times delivering customer satisfaction
The role holder is accountable to:
- Evaluate, develop and implement LPG business plans and strategies in Kenya, aligned with VE’s LPG vision, strategy and direction, and turn-around the current declining business (volume) trends.
- Deliver both financial (margin/cost/Ebitda) and non-financial (volume/debt/business growth) LPG business targets through a disciplined and effective implementation of functional plans.
- Work with Government and Industry in order to promote high standards, good practices and a level playing field through the development and enforcement of a robust regulatory framework for LPG.
- Manage the business in compliance with VE LPG HSSE requirements, policies and guidelines.
- Implement an effective Packed LPG Route-to-Market channel management to grow Afrigas penetration and market share. Strategy must be both efficient and effective in order to deliver improved metal management, increase cylinder turns, and control cylinder revalidation costs.
- Implement LPG distributor program with clear targets and objectives that enable VEK monitor performance against plan, while developing and maintaining long term commercial relationships with the distributors and their customers. Refresh and re-energise Distributor partners as appropriate.
- Manage LPG staff career and talent development, including retention.
- Drive the implementation of LPG marketing propositions & promotions, with support from Marketing.
- Conduct and support technical training for LPG bulk customers; and for LPG distributor’s, their staff, and customers.
- Keep abreast with the rapidly evolving LPG market and competition in Kenya, responding decisively and speedily to these changes, and at the same time endeavouring to remain ahead of competition.
- Provide motivating leadership to the LPG sales team, while at the same time effectively networking with Retail sales team to maximize synergy and LPG sales thru retail channel.
- Deliver year-on-year volume and profitability growth while maintaining focus on both cost and debt control.
- Achieve alignment with Marketing team in developing and implementing winning but cost-effective campaigns.
- Motivating and developing staff despite the recent history of weak LPG performance.
- Successfully lobby Govt. and other stakeholders in enhancing LPG Regulatory framework.
- Directly manage the Packed LPG Distributor Route-To-Market channel, while supervising and providing leadership to the full LPG team.
- Develop business plans for all distributors with stretching objectives and targets to enable both VEK and distributor maximize business opportunities in the market.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Marketing with at least 5 years work experience in Sales & Marketing field.
- Previous hands-on experience in channel/distributor management (FMCG or Oil Industry), selling & negotiation, marketing strategy, customer relationship management, and managing a team is necessary.
- Good problem solving and communication skills.
Functional Competence Level
- Selling and Negotiation Skill
- Customer Relationship Management Skill
- Market Awareness Skill
- Customer Value Proposition Skill
- Distributor / Channel Management Skill
Leadership Competence Level
- Maximizes Business Potential Skill
- Lead Self and Others Skill
- Deliver Results Skill
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
About Vivo Energy
Vivo Energy is the Shell licensee in 16 countries in Africa. We are proud to offer our customers the very best of Shell’s high quality products and services - including supply reliability, technical expertise and unmatched customer service - in the countries where we operate. In doing so, we have in place industry-leading health and safety standards, and are committed to delivering Shell’s fuels and lubricants in an environmentally and socially responsible manner. A joint venture between Vitol (40%), Helios Investment Partners (40%) and Shell (20%), Vivo Energy represents a unique combination of resources, experience and expertise.