HSSEQ Environmental and Quality Co-ordinator
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldSafety and Environment / HSE
Lead the Vivo Energy Environmental and Quality Management systems and processes across all OUs and across its CoBs while ensuring compliance and monitoring with environment legislation and ISO certification in line with overall VE HSSEQ strategy.
- Leadership:Lead the OUs through an effective culture of proactive environmental and quality management and change by building a shared vision, motivate & coach staff, and achieve results through others.Liaison with HSSEQ
- Managers, line managers and central team members to ensure coherence with environmental and quality goals while achieving business success.
- Remain current with applicable environmental legislation and ISO Standards and ensure the Group is well positioned to meet such legislative and ISO requirements.
- Environmental and Quality Management:In conjunction with external parties develop and implement ISO and environmental and management systems in line with Group aims.
- Ensure clear organizational responsibilities for environmental and quality management, and become focal point for environmental and quality management for the OUs.
- Contribute and promote environmental initiatives and, in liaison with Head HSSEQ, allocate responsibilities for maintaining controls to achieve environmental targets.
- As custodian of the HSSEQ-Environmental MS manual, be responsible for quality, performance monitoring and annual effectiveness reviews.
- Establish, update and maintain an HSSEQ environmental register, permits and status of regulatory compliance covering the OUs in the Organization.
- Establish KPIs & Targets for environmental and quality management, collate these from OU level in a “bottom-up” approach and monitor progress towards agreed targets, identifying areas for improvement and the use of alternate or sustainable alternatives.
- Lead environmental and quality culture improvement activities across the OUs, and coach/mentor HSSE and line managers
- Take the lead for HSSEQ (environmental and quality aspects) on sustainable procurement for all goods and services.
- Take part in the establishment of environmental service agreements and the review of the associated costs and revenues.
- Ensure each OU incorporates environmental and quality objectives into the annual HSSEQ plan.
- Monitoring/Corrective Actions:Review OU environmental and quality performance on a monthly basis, determine improvement action plans with HSSEQ managers and proactively contribute to achievement of continuous improvement.
- Facilitate HSSEQ environmental and quality management effectiveness review by the OUs.
- Co-ordinate training of staff at all levels on environmental and quality issues and responsibilities.
- Monitor and report on environmental remediation plans throughout the Group. Manage any contracts associated with remediation audits and work from the Central team perspective.
- Key Challenges:Lead the implementation of VE Environmental and Quality systems by
- Building a strong and open communication line with OUs, other Central teams, suppliers/ contractors.
The overall emphasis will be on increasing the Group environmental and quality awareness, knowledge and adherence to requirements through passionately driving the HSSEQ environmental and quality change process in the OUs, ultimately resulting in reducing environmental footprint and improving quality in line with Group objectives.
- Incumbent will work with stakeholders towards achieving VE’s commitment of reducing our impact on the
- environment and becoming a sustained world class leader in quality.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Technical degree or equivalent experience demonstrated over a period of 3-5 years in HSSEQ and environmental matters) is preferred. Equivalent experience gained in operational support and HSSEQ may be considered.
- Demonstrated evidence of Enterprise first values and behaviours will be taken into account during the selection process.
- Builds Shared Vision
- Motivates, Coaches and Develops
- Delivers Results through Others
- Provide Leadership in HSSE
- Prepare Effective Management of E&Q
- Apply Effective Management of E&Q
TECHNICAL HSSEQ COMPETENCIES
- Support HSSEQ & SP Leadership
- Carry out HSSEQ & E&Q Risk Management
- Monitor and Report HSSEQ & E&Q Performance
- Investigate and Learn from HSSEQ & SP Incidents
- Carry out Environmental and Quality Assurance
- Manage Personal Safety Risks
- Implement Contractor HSSEQ & E&A Management
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Vivo Energy
Vivo Energy is the Shell licensee in 16 countries in Africa. We are proud to offer our customers the very best of Shell’s high quality products and services - including supply reliability, technical expertise and unmatched customer service - in the countries where we operate. In doing so, we have in place industry-leading health and safety standards, and are committed to delivering Shell’s fuels and lubricants in an environmentally and socially responsible manner. A joint venture between Vitol (40%), Helios Investment Partners (40%) and Shell (20%), Vivo Energy represents a unique combination of resources, experience and expertise.