Convenience Retail Development Manager
Job Type Full Time
Experience 5 years
Job Field Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
GENERAL POSITION DEFINITION
The Convenience Retail Development Manager for Vivo Energy will provide direct oversight of the Company’s Convenience Retail projects plans. This includes refit planning, implementation of the refurbishment plan, implementation of store IT systems, ensuring the right contractual platform with retailers, delivery of an operational excellence programme and effective communications to all internal stakeholders.
This person provides the necessary support and direction to the OU’s, and is responsible for the delivery of the plan in an efficient and commercially focused manner.
Expanding to 23 Operating Units (Countries)
Vivo Energy Retail Sites: 2000 plus
Assist in the training and development of the Operating Unit Retail teams to deliver the Convenience Retail strategy.
- Develop and implement a Convenience Retail projects plan that will deliver value and growth.
- Ensure delivery of the projects to the right specification at the right cost.
- Develop and implement the optimum contractual platform with retailers and partners.
- Create the Convenience Retail plan for the annual planning cycle.
- Develop the appropriate Convenience Retail reporting dashboard.
- Create and deliver an Operational Excellence programme for Convenience Retail.
- Ensure delivery of a communications plan for all internal stakeholders.
- The wide geography with multiple Operating Units, cultures and different markets requires strong virtual leadership.
- Manage local and Pan African needs, and balance resources to deliver at all levels.
- Engaging with Operating Units to ensure delivery of the plan
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5 years in a Retail role with a background in Convenience Retailing and project implementation.
- Strong commercial acumen and negotiating skills.
- Strong influencing and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Strong demonstration of behavioural imperatives: Speed, Simplicity, External/Customer orientation, Commerciality and Delivery.
- Fluency in English, French an advantage but not a condition.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
About Vivo Energy
Vivo Energy is the Shell licensee in 16 countries in Africa. We are proud to offer our customers the very best of Shell’s high quality products and services - including supply reliability, technical expertise and unmatched customer service - in the countries where we operate. In doing so, we have in place industry-leading health and safety standards, and are committed to delivering Shell’s fuels and lubricants in an environmentally and socially responsible manner. A joint venture between Vitol (40%), Helios Investment Partners (40%) and Shell (20%), Vivo Energy represents a unique combination of resources, experience and expertise.