Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldEngineering / Technical
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Start date: Immediate
We are seeking a skilled, reliable, efficient quantity surveyor to join our rapidly growing organization. In this position, you will estimate the costs of construction projects, working with construction, finance, and procurement to provide the most cost-effective plans that meet high-quality standards. You will report to our Project Manager, working on a wide array of upcoming projects on our farm in Homa Bay that need on the ground attention from start to finish.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in quantity surveying, construction engineering, business, or related field
- 5+ years of construction estimating experience
- Experienced at compiling and following strict budgets; strong estimating and financial analysis skills
- In-depth understanding of construction, materials, pricing, and industry
- Strong aptitude for numbers, spreadsheets, and financial reports
- Excels in a startup environment by staying organized, not being afraid to take initiative and willing to jump in and help wherever needed
- Proficiency in MS Project and Excel
- Work alongside our Construction Manager and Project manager to prepare tender documents, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation for all upcoming CapEx projects
- Identify appropriate construction materials and liaise with procurement and finance to ensure that they are delivered on time
- Negotiate with and hire contractors and subcontractors
- Measure and value the work done on site by our contractors and subcontractors
- Keep track of construction materials in use across all projects and in inventory
- Analyze costs for maintenance of our buildings and equipment
Must be willing to relocate to Homa Bay, in the area around Sindo town (Suba sub county)
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Please send a CV and cover letter expressing your interest and qualifications
or hardcopy applications to the hardcopy applications to the farm in Roo Bay, Sinda.
About Victory Farms
Victory Farms is a tilapia fish farm established in 2015. VF is located on the Kenyan side of Lake Victoria and has distribution capacity throughout Kenya. The Company is rapidly expanding its farm operation, fish processing, and sales & marketing capabilities. By the end of 2017, VF is on track to be the largest aquaculture farm in East Africa. VF is employing world-class technologies, people and processes to build the leading tilapia farm globally.