Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldAgriculture / Agro-Allied
- Reporting directly to the Project Manager, the Backhoe Operator responsibilities include (but are not limited to) thefollowing:
- Operate the backhoe and other heavy equipment in a safe and efficient way according to all relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- Provide recommendations for maintaining and improving environmental performance.
- Ensure company equipment, material, and the work site are maintained, kept clean, and stored in a safe manner.
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks.
- Clean heavy equipment as scheduled and/or required.
- Ensure heavy equipment is safely and securely stored.
- Advise the managers of any requirements for maintenance or repairs.
- Participate in routine maintenance.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience operating a Backhoe or its equivalent.
- Must have a valid driving license (special class).
- Must have a plant operator license.
- Fluent in English.
- Be willing to relocate to rural Kenya
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Please send a CV and cover letter expressing your interest and qualifications
or hardcopy applications to the hardcopy applications to the farm in Roo Bay, Sinda.
About Victory Farms
Victory Farms is a tilapia fish farm established in 2015. VF is located on the Kenyan side of Lake Victoria and has distribution capacity throughout Kenya. The Company is rapidly expanding its farm operation, fish processing, and sales & marketing capabilities. By the end of 2017, VF is on track to be the largest aquaculture farm in East Africa. VF is employing world-class technologies, people and processes to build the leading tilapia farm globally.