Director of Strategic Communications
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldMedia / Advertising / Branding
About the role
You will be our global B2B (Business to Business) Marketing and Communications lead. Your role is to evangelize current and potential clients/partners to invest in digital engagement strategy and see Viamo as a key partner in that process. Your role is to develop and implement our external communications strategy, ensuring that we have high visibility as a leader within the M4D (Mobile for Development) movement, by showcasing our partnerships, products, impact, and achievements through multiple mediums to our current and potential clients, with the goal of increasing new business development and Viamo’s overall branding (as a good place to work, as good strategic partner, as a good investee, etc.). You have the ability to envision how to grow a global brand, develop robust product marketing strategies, and share stories of impact and thought leadership in engaging and creative ways. You are good at seeing the big picture (for our whole industry) while also caring about the details (wordsmithing our message). You will be helping lead a growing Communications team. You are a self-starter, an excellent communicator, and are extremely organized and reliable. It is likely that inconsistent formatting, bad grammar and a poorly argued memo make you physically ill.
- Responsible for leading the vision, implementation and measuring the success of a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy that will enhance Viamo’s salience and position Viamo as a thought-leader in the ICT4D space, as well as increase sales and ease the work of our business development and programs teams to close deals.
- Lead and oversee marketing and communications efforts. Including but not limited to:Our presence at conferences and webinars, hosted by Viamo or our partners
- White papers, articles, case studies and we wrote/co-wrote with our partners
- External facing communications through channels such as our website, email marketing and social media.
- Marketing collateral (one pagers, presentations, videos, etc.)
- Country-specific marketing materials.
- Support Exec team and central new business teams in pitching Viamo to potential partners, donors, and investors, ensuring consistent storytelling rooted in Viamo’s value proposition, mission and vision. Create pitch decks, collect and write impact stories, report back on impact.
- Identify industry trends and monitor current events to predict opportunities for Viamo to engage in or lead the global conversation around mobile for development.
- Gather and evaluate meaningful data analytics and benchmarking to inform future decisions.
- Supervise and support the Communications team, creating a climate that attracts and motivates team members to reach their goals.
Key Performance Indicators
- Mentions of Viamo by 3rd parties.
- Number of inbound qualified leads generated through Communications activities.
- Conversion rate of inbound leads to won deals.
Team and Reporting Structure
- Reports to the Director of Impact and Communications.
- Leads a team of 2-3 Marketing and Communications managers.
- Demonstrated passion for Viamo’s mission and vision.
- At least 8 years of B2B marketing and/or communications experience in any combination of: social enterprise, INGO, or ICT4D.
- Track record of leading a team of marketing and communications professionals.
- Experience in creating or leading a movement and/or being a thought leader beyond one’s organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to communicate clearly with a range of people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- A strategic and creative thinker with proven experience of working on diverse and wide ranging marketing and communication strategies, including all forms of media.
- Proven track record in defining key performance indicators, measuring the impact of marketing and communications efforts, and creating strategies as a result of the findings.
- Excellent understanding of how to use marketing tools and techniques to increase the visibility, profile, and reputation of an organisation.
- Demonstrated self-management/entrepreneurial skills, adaptability, and resourcefulness.
- Experience using WordPress, Mailchimp, Canva, Adobe InDesign and Photoshop, Google Drive, video creation tools, and other marketing tools.
- Deep understanding of Viamo’s value proposition.
- Experience living and working in a Viamo country in Africa or Asia.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in French.
- Filming, video editing, and production experience.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Viamo, originally known as VOTO Mobile, was started in 2012 by a handful of Ghanaian and Canadian engineers in Kumasi on the campus of KNUST (Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology).