Assistant Category & Channel Manager – East Africa
Reporting to: Channels and Categories Development (CCD) Manager
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career defining opportunities.
About the role!
As the Assistant Channel & Category Development Manager, you will bring channel and customer insights in the business and translate the category plans into customer and channel plans for your field and account management colleagues.
This role combines strategic planning and tactical execution. The purpose of this role:
Development & execution of Channel & Category building plans to deliver targets for the year
Lead and drive the Sales team/ Customer/ Channel agenda in the business, cross company processes such as S&OP, IBP (Integrated Business Planning) & NRM (Net Revenue Management).
Your Main Responsibilities
You will develop and deploy the 4P strategy across all channels and customers for Brand/Category, aligned to total company and brand strategy, to drive execution excellence in stores
- You will initiate and lead the Sales and Marketing Activity Calendar in the areas of NPD, promotions and campaigns aligned with the 3>1 plan; Ensuring that the annual Sales and Marketing Activity Calendar is translated into customer specific activities
- You will drive the promotional planning process, lead promotional and NPD evaluation, and provide recommendations to all relevant stakeholders
- Ensure that all planned NPD, campaigns and customer activities are executed on time in full and within budget
- Monitor, analyze and evaluate market trends, shopper insights, and competitor activities. Drive Category and
- Brand strategy through insightful analyses, growth opportunities identification in customer reviews and business development
- You will lead category management with key customers as you ensure and influence efficiency and maximization of spend, and through your ROI mindset.
You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
Skills, experience and qualifications: –
- Degree in a Business-related area
- 2-3 years of relevant Trade Category Management is an advantage
- Brand Building experience is an advantage
- Bias for action, personal accountability and responsibility
- Passion for the Consumer and customer focus with a growth mindset
- FMCG experience preferred but not essential
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.