Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldData Science / Research
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: http://www.unwomen.org/-/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about%20us/employment/un-women-employment-values-and-competencies-definitions-en.pdf .
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree OR bachelor’s degree with additional years of relevant work experience (in lieu of the former) in
- statistics, demography, gender, economics, or other related development or social science fields
- Background in gender statistics, demography, economics, or development studies with a focus on gender equality
- Experience in documentation and production knowledge products on the development of gender statistics, in the context of national statistical systems and household surveys
- Experience in rapid gender assessments in times of crisis, preferably in the context of COVID-19
- Experience in conducting or contributing to the planning, design, and implementation of household surveys
- Experience with STATA
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willingness to work as part of a team, to meet tight deadlines and produce high quality work
Excellent command of English (oral and written). Other UN languages an asset.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About United Nations Development Programme
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations' global development network. Headquartered in New York City, UNDP advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. It provides expert advice, training, and grants support to developing countries, with increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries.