Sanitation Support Officers, Multiple positions
Job Type Full Time
Experience 2 years
Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
UNICEF KCO is looking for 3 individual national consultants with a track record of substantial sanitation expertise that includes CLTS who will support the implementation of the S-UHC Project. Consultants will each be assigned responsibility for project activities in two counties; therefore, the consultants will be expected to be based in one of the two assigned counties, dividing their time equally between the two counties to support implementation of CLTS activities. The county pairs are Kilifi and Kwale; Marsabit and Samburu; West Pokot and Baringo. The consultants will be provided with regular technical supervision by senior UNICEF WASH staff based in the Nairobi Country Office, and the Lodwar and Garissa Zonal Offices. Furthermore, the consultants will be facilitated with logistics and IT support, as well as basic office equipment. It is expected that the consultants will spend the majority of their time supporting County Governments to plan, implement, monitor and follow-up the implementation of the CLTS interventions.
Master’s degree (or equivalent) preferably in one of the following fields is required: environmental health sciences, public health, social sciences, behavior change communication, sanitary engineering or another relevant technical field is required. A Bachelor’s degree in related studies, combined with an additional 2 years’ experience may be accepted in lieu of a Master’s degree
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in the sanitation sub-sector in Kenya is required;
- Sound understanding of sanitation issues, policies and stakeholders in Kenya is an asset;
- At least 2 years experience of good knowledge of the WASH sector and of the political governance structure in Kenya is required
- Implementation experience in community-based approaches and strong understanding of the CLTS approach is an asset;
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building and training for CLTS is an asset
- Experience working with/in UNICEF, the UN or other international development organizations is an asset
- Demonstrated technical report writing skills is an asset.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills, especially in facilitating key informant interviews, and workshops with various groups of stakeholders is an asset;
- Experience dealing with sensitive cultural and political issues. Integrity and respect to all stakeholders is an asset
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
About United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
UNICEF is the world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.