Intern, Education Section ESARO
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldInternships / Volunteering
Reporting To: Regional Education Adviser, ESARO
The Education Team in the Regional Office is seeking an intern for six months to support its work. The specifics of the work are given below.
Scope of work
- Provide overall support to the Section and Regional Education Advisor as necessary.
- Support the annual country report review process, the Regional Office Annual Report development and the planning for the 2021 annual work plans for the education programme in ESARO.
- Support the Knowledge Management function of the office in close consultation with the Knowledge Management
- Specialist (e.g. support the development and dissemination of evidence of teaching and learning).
- Support the monitoring and data collection and management work around the school reopening processes after COVID in the region in collaboration with the Education Specialist (Equity and Access).
- Support the Education Specialist (Quality) liaise with ESAR Country Offices to roll-out programmes related to the
- Global Foundational Literacy and Numeracy initiative in the region.
- Supporting the Education Specialist (Quality) liaise with ESAR Country Offices to implement digital learning programmes in the region.
- Training components and learning elements
The intern would through practical application and coaching, develop skills in:
- Knowledge management and use to impact practice
- Networking and building partnerships
- Research, data and analysis
- Education technical areas
- Communications and advocacy.
- Furthermore, specific online courses would be completed.
Desired Competencies, Technical Background And Experience
- Completed or enrolled in an advanced university degree in social science, education, economics, philosophy or another related field.
- Excellent written and oral English is required, and French of Portuguese is an added bonus for our region.
- Excellent day-to-day computer literacy, with knowledge of data analysis IT tools.
- Experience of working in complex bureaucracies and multicultural environments would be an advantage.
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail, and ability to contribute to a team
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
- Orientation to innovate and see impact in innovations.
- Ability to work independently and respond to feedback in a timely and professional manner.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for job.
About United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
UNICEF is the world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.