Assistant Business Development Manager – Markets (Seeding)
Job Type Full Time
Experience 3 – 7 years
Job Field Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
As the ninth global cluster, we work across the world to fill white spaces for Unilever.
We treat the business as our own.
As intrapreneurs, we introduce Unilever’s brands into white space geographies like Korea, Pacific Islands, Mongolia, and spearhead launches of iconic household brands like Dove, Lifebuoy, Sunlight, Fair & Lovely, TRESemme into big markets like U.S, China, Western Europe and SEAA.
As Unilever’s growth engine, we establish global white space businesses in key channels such as Health & Beauty, Discounters, E-Commerce and alternate channels such as travel retail, marketing to institutional partners like the United Nations, and seeding Unilever brands to overseas diaspora who crave for a taste of their familiar home brands.
Singapore is our global hub leading strategy, marketing thinking, seeding plans, and alignment with the global categories and supply chain.
Game changing business
SPEED is the mantra for our resounding success. To serve the underserved, we embrace a founder’s mentality, explore unchartered territories, redesign end-to-end business models to establish successful businesses. We make a difference by working fast and smart, nurturing our tribe, winning together and living by five tenets:
We will be the fastest route-to-market globally;
We go where no (man, woman or distributor) has ever explored;
Impossible is an opinion, not a fact;
Speed is our currency;
When brands are built right, they can last a lifetime.
About Business Development in UI…
We build market positions in white spaces by identify new opportunities, developing, defining, negotiating and nurturing strong business relationships. We own the business’ P&L end-to-end, partner with customers, distributors and internal cross-functional teams to manage and grow existing businesses, to deliver growth through flawless execution of projects.
This role is important because …
You’ll drive end-to-end management of seeding initiatives and manage existing business within East Africa (Kenya, Uganda & Tanzania);
You’ll coordinate across multi-functional teams to bring projects to life and drive business growth.
Your key responsibilities include…
- ProspectingLeading, mapping and developing business and seeding opportunities in East Africa through data and insight activation
- Screening potential businesses through market analysis, deal requirements, potential and financial analysis
- Establishing and Executing Business PlansDeveloping and managing business plans internally and externally, to craft end-to-end launch plans to drive route-to-market for new product development (NPD)
- Establishing supply chain networks and alignment with Category team on launches
- Tracking and Monitoring PerformanceCreating business cases (P&L) and activation spend for sales and marketing budgets (TTS & BMI)
- Tracking and managing of key business metrics and KPIs across marketing and trade activities
- Reporting in-market activities and competitor data
- Stakeholder ManagementLeading and align cross functional teams to effectively manage projects
- Collaborating with local OpCo for synergies
You’ll work closely with…
UI Business Development, Finance, Marketing and Supply Chain teams
KEY EXPERIENCE & SKILLS…
- Be a strategic, highly adaptable and entrepreneurial person
- Embrace a high growth mindset with strong love for consumers, shoppers and customers
- Have strong financial acumen and analytical skills
- Have strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills with key stakeholders
- Have experience working and leading in cross-functional teams
- 3 – 7 years’ experience in FMCG industry in Customer Development
- A Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
On any day, 2 billion people use Unilever products to look good, feel good and get more out of life - giving us a unique opportunity to build a brighter future. Great products from our range of more than 400 brands give us a unique place in the lives of people all over the world. When consumers reach for nutritionally balanced foods or indulgent ice creams, affordable soaps that combat disease, luxurious shampoos or everyday household care products, there’s a good chance the brand they pick is one of ours. Seven out of every ten households around the world contain at least one Unilever product, and our range of world-leading, household-name brands includes Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Axe, Hellmann’s and Omo. Trusted local brands designed to meet the specific needs of consumers in their home market include Blue Band, Pureit and Suave. Whatever the brand, wherever it is bought, we’re working to ensure that it plays a part in helping fulfil our purpose as a business - making sustainable living commonplace.