Area Sales Manager – Coast
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
Lead the regional Field Sales Force in achieving the sales objectives for the sales area as set in the Channel Category Plans and Customer Business Plans. Co-develop Field Sales Force Strategy together with National Sales Manager. Lead and plan sales resources in sales area. Lead sales force projects.
- Ensure ambitious target setting and monitor closely for performance
- Coach the Field Sales force for Performance in relation to the targets set and build a winning spirit within his/her team
- Lead the Field Sales Force by showing the example
- Ensure streamlined implementation of the customer strategy at POS in order to further build market share
- Prepare and lead the Sales Team Meetings with focus on results vs. targets set. Together with the sales team, identify & implement actions for closing possible results gaps in the concerned POS when they occur
- Define guidelines for coverage planning
- Follow up of field budgets versus incremental sales per rep
- Build excellent relationships with the regional/local responsible manager of the concerned Customers
- Gather and provide competitive information to head office on a regular and continuous basis
- Ensure adequate management of sales resources during illness/vacation
- Evaluate sales reps and territory managers on personal performance and contribution based on facts and observable data
- Develop Customer Investment Strategy
- Drive the Building of the Customer Business Plans
- Optimize Promotional Investments
- Understand and Apply Shopper Insights
- Apply Integrated Brand Communications
- Manage Customers’ Supply Chain Interface
- Develop Category Management Expertise
- Implement the Customer Plan
- Drive Retail Excellence
2 to 3 years relevant field sales force experience
Two years Marketing experience is an advantage
Two years of Trade Category Management is an advantage
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
On any day, 2 billion people use Unilever products to look good, feel good and get more out of life - giving us a unique opportunity to build a brighter future. Great products from our range of more than 400 brands give us a unique place in the lives of people all over the world. When consumers reach for nutritionally balanced foods or indulgent ice creams, affordable soaps that combat disease, luxurious shampoos or everyday household care products, there’s a good chance the brand they pick is one of ours. Seven out of every ten households around the world contain at least one Unilever product, and our range of world-leading, household-name brands includes Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Axe, Hellmann’s and Omo. Trusted local brands designed to meet the specific needs of consumers in their home market include Blue Band, Pureit and Suave. Whatever the brand, wherever it is bought, we’re working to ensure that it plays a part in helping fulfil our purpose as a business - making sustainable living commonplace.