We are looking for an experienced administrator who will have the core responsibility of coordinating the activities of the people operations (HR) function, as well as managing the functions communications and documentation, whilst maintaining the highest level of confidentiality. To thrive in this role, you will have strong orientation to structure and organisation; have a composed disposition; be able to prioritise emerging and conflicting agendas in a fast-paced organisation that is constantly evolving; be tactful and engage impactfully across all levels of the organisation. Reporting to the Chief Officer, People Operations, this is an individual contributor role that will work collaboratively across the organisation to deliver expected results.
- Calendar management: schedule meetings and events on behalf of the team. Solicit and review meeting requests, prioritize appointments, and coordinate scheduling with employees, other functions, internal and external stakeholders, and partners. Scheduling should be prioritised and aligned to deliver both immediate and long-terms goals. Calendars should be planned on a three-month rolling basis, reviewed monthly, prioritised weekly and current to 48 hours.Review and confirm scheduled meetings, re-evaluate priorities and where necessary, modify previous scheduled appointments. Allocate time to activities necessary to keep things running efficiently without double booking or overlooking opportunities. Update multiple calendars on applicable systems.
- Meetings: manage meeting cadences for the function, ensuring agendas and materials are shared in advance to make the meetings as productive as possible and time is well spent. As required, compile research briefs, presentation decks and/or reports for internal and external meetings. Identify and reserve meeting space and arrange off-site meeting locations. Coordinate travel, logistics, accommodation and expense management with participants, venues and any third parties to deliver a seamless experience.Attend meetings as requested, take, and circulate minutes and action plans, and follow up with designated individuals to share updates prior to the next meeting.
- Documentation and Presentations: Draft a variety of correspondence including announcement, letters, memoranda, and reports. Support respective process/content owner’s layout and finalise their draft documents: SOPs, flow charts reports and presentation decks, in line with the organisation brand standards and templates.Pull data from accredited sources to update and refresh standard reports.
- Records management: Custodian of the physical and digital filing systems. Manage the lifecycle of documents.
- Create and maintain a classification scheme/file plan for physical records/documents through an appropriate and secure binder and filing cabinet structure, and electronic records/documents through an appropriate and secure shared drive system. Archive inactive documents and preserve them in line with regulatory provisions.
- Confirm version control of required and prescribed documents including and not limited to policies, standard operating procedures, flow charts, reports, minutes, and decisions. Provide access to and/or share documents with authorised employees/stakeholders as approved.
- Expense management. track departmental expenditure; review and verify expense requests, raise purchase requisitions, and convene a monthly meeting with the finance team to review the functions cost centre report, prior to sign-off and adoption.
Ideal background and Competencies
- Be an adept administrator, outcome driven, discerning as to what to prioritise and where to focus, and diplomatic in all undertakings
- Write impeccably and engage confidently and impactfully across all levels of an organisation
- Be a digital native; have command of MS Office productivity tools at intermediate level of proficiency as a minimum, have working knowledge of an ERP, and be adept at various social media platforms.
- Have experience arranging complex and detailed travel plans, travel documents and itineraries, and reconciling associated expenses
- Be self-assured, curious, willing to expand your boundaries and continue learning as you go.
- Have worked both independently and collaboratively, building strong and enduring working relationship with diverse stakeholders, preferably across the continent
- Be positive, energetic, observant, detail-oriented and decisive. A self-starter with a high level of personal drive and resilience, with unquestionable integrity, confidentiality, and respect.
- Twiga is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We champion equal treatment of all applicants. Twiga does not charge its applicants any fees whatsoever and has not authorized any agent to levy any fees on its behalf. If anyone requests you to make any payment with respect to this application, please report the incident to email@example.com or to our hotline on +254 (0) 709 258 000.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Twiga Foods
Twiga is a mobile-based supply platform for Africa’s retail outlets, kiosks, and markets stalls.