Job Type Full Time
Job Field ICT / Computer
Purpose: Assist in the installation, layout, and maintenance of all network components. In conjunction with the IT Manager, Plan, design, analyze, and provide technical support for data communications network or group of networks. Participate in Conducting research and evaluation of network technology and recommend purchases of network equipment.
- Liaise with users and evaluate requirements, recommend designs, provide cost analysis, plan network projects.
- Analyze and resolve technical problems for established networks.
- Plan, test, recommend, and implement network, file server, and workstation hardware and software.
- Provide network documentation, training, and guidance to system users and document network problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Serve as technical specialist in network problems and emergencies.
- Troubleshoot and resolve network production problems.
- Conduct technical research on network upgrades and components to determine feasibility, cost, time required, and compatibility with current system.
- Recommend network solutions for short-, medium-, and long-range network projects.
- Review plan layout for new hardware or modifications to existing layout.
- Install, upgrade, and configure network printing, directory structures, user access, security, software, and file services.
- Establish user profiles, user environments, directories, and security for networks being installed as well as connectivity and compatibility between systems.
- Work with vendors to resolve complex network problems.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Security, Software Engineering or a related area is preferred.
Professional Qualifications and Membership
- Microsoft certified professional
- Certification in CISA/CISM and CISCO(Min CCNA)
- Any other certification
- At least 3 years of experience in information systems security, networking or application administration
- Experience in networking technologies such as VPN, LAN, WAN & MPLS.
- Experience in Data Centre Infrastructure Solution such as NAS, SAN storage, Firewalls.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
Tuskys is a Kenyan supermarket chain. It is one of the large supermarket chains in the Great Lakes Area. It employs nearly 6150 people, 6,000+ in Kenya, and 150 in Uganda.