Customer Relations Officer (CRO – Kenya)
Job FieldCustomer Care
Duty station: Any of our Kenya Branches.
Job opening: 19th March 2021
About this job
The Tugende Customer Relation’s main purpose is to make applicants, customers and visitors feel welcome, cared for, and respected while having their needs addressed in an empathetic and professional manner. As the initial point of contact for most guests, the Customer Relations Officer is responsible for creating a great first impression of Tugende! You will also ensure that customers continue to have the best experience possible throughout their journey with Tugende.
Tugende’s mission is: “Helping people help themselves”. The Tugende Customer Relations Officer will be to make sure that our customers have the best experience possible throughout their journey with us so that they are in the best position to help themselves. In addition, when customers are happy with their experience, they are more likely to be better customers (e.g. repay better, be more kind to staff), come back for repeat business, and recommend Tugende to others. These outcomes help Tugende achieve its mission and grow as a business!
The job holder will be assigned to deliver on the following assignments
- Carry monthly Market Feedback Analysis and execute customer-facing surveys every quarter.
- Welcome customers who enter Tugende’s compound and help them meet their needs promptly, professionally, and with empathy.
- Resolve customer complaints directly or direct them to the relevant person and function.
- Attend to the toll-free line by explaining application procedures, answering questions, confirming prices, and receiving feedback.
- Record and track customer inquiries, requests, and complaints in the Customer Feedback log.
- Disseminate information about payment plans, promotions, etc to customers.
- Interview customers for success stories and encourage completed customers to come for new leases.
- Identify areas for improvement in customers’ experience with Tugende, and propose and implement solutions.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Excellent communication, presentation skills, and professionally presentable.
- Exhibit a passion for customers, and provide excellent customer service and empathy for our customers.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and willing to work in rural areas in the different regions of Kenya.
- Adopt and champion the values that Tugende stands for Integrity, Empathy, Teamwork, Solutions-Oriented, and Always growing.
- Ability and willingness to learn to ride a motorcycle.
- Computer literate with the ability to comfortably use MS Office and GSuites. Have at least 35 Words Per Minute.
- High level of professionalism and integrity, with good moral character.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision with resilience and a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Fluent in Kiswahili and at least 2 key local languages of Kenya.
- Computer literate with the ability to use MS Office and Google Suite.
- Good customer service skills to deal sensitively with customers.
Preferred qualifications and experience
- A minimum of a diploma in a business-related field from a recognized institution of learning.
- At least 1 year of work experience serving as Customer Relation Officer from a reputable organization.
- Only Kenyan Nationals are encouraged to apply for this position.
What will you gain?
Career Trajectory: This is a role with significant leadership potential to grow as the company operations grow. Someone who does this job can be promoted to; Senior Customer Relations Officer, Customer Relations Team Leader, Customer Relations Coordinator, Deputy Branch Leader, Junior Branch Leader, Branch Leader, Senior Branch Leader, with a possibility of crossing to other operations and other departments’ functions.
Meaningful Work: Tugende’s work gives entrepreneurs the opportunity to earn a better living for themselves and their families. We are changing East Africa’s asset-finance industry by building a sustainable business that ignites financial development. Join this movement!
Great Team: Tugende has a smart, fun, and growing team of ~500 employees. We take our work seriously, but love to joke and have fun. We regularly have fully-paid, voluntary team outings, as well as fun parties for our customers. Our headquarters are in Kampala, Uganda and we are rapidly expanding in East Africa.
Hours and compensation: This position is for an ambitious, full-time employee who will take on additional responsibilities and projects as they arise. Tugende offers competitive salaries and benefits that reflect a person’s contributions to the company’s mission and growth.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
At Tugende, we create opportunity through ownership. We are a for-profit social enterprise in Uganda that helps safe, reliable motorcycle taxi (boda-boda) drivers buy their own motorcycles, giving them the means to control their own tools of employment and kick-starting a path to financial independence.