Principal Officer, Legal Services
Job Type Full Time
Experience 8 – 10 years
Job Field Law / Legal
Reporting to the General Counsel and Senior Executive, Legal Services Department, this position is responsible for the provision of quality legal services to the Bank through internal legal advice, preparation of legal documents and supervision of legal work to effectively manage the Bank’s legal risks.
- Collaborate with businesses in undertaking appraisal due diligence reviews, as and when required for obtaining approvals for prospective transactions.
- Negotiate, Draft and/or Review and administer legal and transactional documentation in a timely manner with the relevant parties, always in line with the Banks’s policies and charter.
- Manage the legal process on the loan and security documentation by coordinating and following up with the customer and external counsel to ensure satisfaction of the legal conditions precedent.
- Manage the legal process on litigation/arbitration/receiverships in coordination with external legal counsel (where applicable).
- Draft and/or review service provider agreements to ensure that the Bank’s interests are protected, but always in line with the Banks’s policies and charter.
- Provide effective leadership, mentorship, coaching and by example, live the bank’s core values and inculcate these among staff under one’s management.
- Participate in the management and administration of the Legal Department as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification, Knowledge and Skills
- A Juris Doctor degree or Master’s degree in Law from an accredited institution.
- Admission to the bar (as an attorney, advocate, barrister or equivalent) in the jurisdiction of qualification.
- Robust background as a banking, finance, and corporate lawyer.
- Experience in cross-border financing will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 8 to 10 years of combined relevant experience, including international work experience in a commercial, financial or legal advisory institution and/or public sector financial body (e.g. International law firm, multi-national corporate, bank, insurance company, investment advisory firm, DFI, Ministry of Finance, National
- Treasury, Sovereign Wealth Fund).
- A proven track record leading teams to achieve results.
- Strong legal drafting, problem solving, negotiation, organizational and planning skills with the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, manage dynamic priorities, and work under pressure to deliver on strict deadlines.
- A team player with experience in leading teams and collaborating in cross-functional working groups.
- A results-oriented individual with excellent communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English is a requirement and further fluency in French or Portuguese will be an added advantage.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
About Trade and Development Bank - TDB
TDB, the oldest bank of Mongolia, prides itself for its leading position in the universal banking service provider, offering over 130 types of international standard banking products, professional and user friendly banking services. The Bank acts as a primary lender to most of Mongolian leading corporations as well as foreign corporations and foreign representative offices across all major industrial and commercial sectors with a constantly innovating range of universal banking products and services delivered with dynamism and excellence in service and quality. TDB is undoubtedly the major player in the financial and banking markets as well as a major innovator of the Mongolian financial sector. Mongolian Best Corporate Bank: TDB serves approximately 400 major Mongolian corporations in almost all major sectors. The bank provides various corporate banking services including corporate lending, trade financing syndicated lending and deposit taking through highly qualified staffs. As of Dec, 2015, TDB is the largest and most experienced bank in corporate banking market with 41.3% corporate lending and 58.2% trade financing market shares. At the end of March, 2015, TDB’s total loan reached MNT 2,716.8 billion and SME loan amount MNT 117.0 billion. TDB in retail market: On May 22nd, 2015, the Bank introduced the Custodian services solution in the Mongolian capital market for the first time. The Custodian services solution is the key to the development of the capital market of Mongolia enabling the path of investment fund establishments. TDB has launched Bank assurance services to its operation starting from April, 2015. TDB has launched a new payment solution "Mobile POS”. To compare with the other similar devices introduced in Mongolian market, TDB’s Mobile POS deploys EMV chip card solutions with secured EMV level 1, 2 and PCI-DSS which is the security standard of international payment card industry. All the POS terminals and ATMs of TDB started to accept Diners Club and Discover cards which are the world class prestigious cards and have the second largest worldwide settlement network. Thus, the Bank became the most types of payment card receiver in Mongolia. Internet banking system was renewed with advanced technologies and became the new brand "TDB online” in August 2013. Also, the improvement of "Most Money” has led to more close relationship with customers. At the end of March 2016, the number of "Most Money” customers increased up to 90,911 . First time in Mongolia, TDB introduced Union Pay card in October 2012, which includes CNY, MNT, and USD accounts at the same time. TDB is the only bank that allows its clients to accept transactions from all the cards of the world’s leading financial institutions, such as Visa, Master card, JCB and Union Pay. As of March, 2016, TDB provides services through a network of 60 branches and settlement centers, 208 ATMs and 2211 POS terminals. Globally acknowledged TDB: TDB successfully issued USD 500 million senior unsecured notes under the Global Medium Term Note Programme guaranteed by the Government of Mongolia, listed at Singapore Stock Exchange on 19 May 2015. TDB, Mongolia’s financial gateway to the world, has expanded its operation and successfully opened its first international representative office in Tokyo, Japan on July 23, 2014. TDB has installed the high-tech LED screen on the wall of bank’s new office building to enhance the scenery of the city. The LED screen is the biggest not only in Mongolia, but in Asia with its advanced technology. TDB successfully issued senior unsecured notes in 2007, 2010, 2012 in international finance market for the first time from Mongolia. Therefore, the bank successfully issued the country’s first ever offshore CNH 700 million or USD 115 million bond, listed at Hong Kong and Singapore Stock Exchange on 14 January 2014. TDB has announced its first syndication on the international syndicated market in September 2013. About the facility, this is a USD 82 million co-financing facility with FMO; it comprises a USD 35 million A loan arranged by FMO and a USD 47 million B loan arranged jointly by ING and TDB Capital LLC. In June, 2013, TDB Capital and MG Leasing, a subsidiary company of Japanese Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation established a Corporate Alliance Agreement to launch a new company under TDB Leasing. In October of 2012, TDB announced the official launch of Bloomberg TV Mongolia in partnership with Bloomberg International. The launch of Bloomberg TV Mongolia signifies the introduction of the first international broadcast news organization in Mongolia, one of the fastest-growing stock markets and investing environments in Asia today. Furthermore, one of the most important highlights was TDB signed an investment agreement with The Goldman Sachs Group, a leading global financial services firm. Goldman Sachs has acquired a 4.8 percent stake in TDB in January 2012. The investment assists TDB in growing its business to meet the expected increased needs of its clients as Mongolia’s economy continues a period of strong economic growth. In 2011, TDB Capital is regulated and licensed by the Financial Regulatory Commission of Mongolia to act as an underwriter, broker and other investment banking service provider that shall be done on behalf of the customer upon its order. The Bank has direct correspondent relationships with more than 150 foreign banks and financial institutions and manages its international transactions through 44 nostro accounts held with top 27 banks. TDB provides 50% alone of the Mongolian foreign transfer.