e-Health Project Manager
We are looking to hire an exceptional Project Manager (PM) with experience and expertise across technology and government advisory.
The role would start immediately, based in Nairobi.
You should have experience and expertise across technology and government advisory, have a background in health and ideally have previously worked on a successful technology rollout for government systems.
You will work with the Ministry of Health, relevant agencies, technical committees and the wider TBI team to implement a health management product, advising and supporting its rapid development and deployment in Kenya.
The post holder will thereafter work on the application of technology and innovations in the Health sector as part of our partnership with the government of Kenya. She or he will join a growing team focused on our tech for transformation work in Kenya. This team will work with the wider existing embedded team which is currently focused in the economic development, investment promotion and energy sectors, forming a team with enormous potential for further impact. And the postholder will also form part of the global TBI Tech for Development team.
This is a key role requiring a strong candidate with relevant expertise in project management, tech and knowledge of and experience in the health sector.
Key outcomes of the role
The immediate task is to ensure the successful and rapid deployment of a critical data management platform as part of the Government of Kenya Covid -19 health response
Thereafter the role will support the wider partnership between the Government of Kenya and TBI on tech for transformation in the health sector including supporting the development of this partnership
Key performance targets will be established and delivered through effective development, deployment and management of the partnership’s goals
In the immediate term, the key responsibilities are as follows:
- Support a diverse set of stakeholders from TBI, Government, technology providers and other partners in supporting the application of a data management system at speed
- Work closely with an engineering team to ensure the required health management technology meets the needs of the Ministry of Health, and its end users
- Work closely with Country Head, Kenya and Head for Tech to ensure TBI meets the needs of its stakeholders
- Define and report success metrics to help evaluate the efficiency of implemented solutions
- The longer term responsibilities of the role include supporting adjacent technology applications to support Government’s e-Health priorities and wider digital services. This will involve:
- Planning: Working closely with TBI Tech team and in consultation with government interlocutors, design, maintain and continually improve country project plans and tools to roll out our tech partnership initiative in the field of e-Health
- Execution and Monitoring: Under the direction of the Head of Tech, Kenya, review and maintain project goals, plans, proof points and KPIs. Report to and engage with Country Head for Kenya, Head of Tech and our Global
- Director Tech for Development, and her team to drive delivery, ideate, troubleshoot and manage roll-out. Where relevant, ensure expenditure is utilised in line with budget with robust management accounts and accountability established. Ensure all necessary risk, legal and financial compliance and processes are followed
- Government Relations: Support the Country Head and Head of Tech, Kenya to maintain effective and trusted relationships in government in line with the country project strategy and positioning, and in service of the overall
- TBI mission to support political leaders to achieve results that benefit the people of the country and our tech for development initiative
- People: Support the recruitment and management of team staff, as required. The post holder will be expected to develop strong working relationships
- External Relations (non-governmental): Support the Country Head and Head of Tech, Kenya engage with relevant external stakeholders such as tech companies, Partners, other actors and stakeholders in the tech and Health sectors as directed
- One TBI: the post holder will formally report to the Head of Tech, Kenya. They will work closely with and support Ministerial interlocutors at the Ministry of Health
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager:
- With experience in business operations, technology, consulting or advisory functions
- With experience in health, health management systems, digital health
- With a minimum of 5 years’ experience in management consulting or government advisory
- With an understanding of the tech policy and regulatory environment in practise
- Who commits to business objectives and pulls out the stops to make sure they are always met
- With the ability to work under pressure, and to coordinate with teams and multi-disciplinary advisors
- With strong communication and project and programme management skills
- Who can work flexibly and be adaptable, open to changing approaches in response to changing situations on the ground
- With proven understanding of the policy context, how to influence policy and the discretion and judgment needed to navigate a complex environment
- With a bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- Certification in Project Managaement is highly desirable
- Fluency in English required
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. We exist to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies. We work hard, every day, to make a difference. When governments work well they are able to create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity. We work relentlessly to support leader and governments with the challenges they face. Giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their people
We do this within two connected divisions:
Our Advisory Practice works directly with political leaders and governments around the world to implement reforms that improve the lives of their citizens. It has both non-profit partners and a client base and its outputs cover a range of disciplines and projects across countries in Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and South Asia. We are currently in a rapid expansion phase from c. 18 countries at present, to 30 by December 2022.
Our Policy Futures work encompasses three broad areas:
Renewing the Centre: developing a bold and innovative domestic policy programme to help renew the centre ground of British politics;
Tech and Public Policy: exploring the policy challenges and opportunities presented by the technological revolution; and
Extremism Policy Unit: creating solutions designed to tackle the threat of extremist ideologies in the UK and around the world.
As an organisation, the core beliefs we all embrace are:
Open and Progressive: you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
Bold and Pragmatic: you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
Optimistic Changemaker: you’ll be focused on results
TBI believes embracing diversity and inclusion make us a better place to work. It’s our goal to reflect everyone in society and we actively welcome applications from individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace. We celebrate difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. We will only ever assess you on your abilities and fit for a role. We’re happy to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during recruitment and, if you’re successful, discuss any adjustments you might need to thrive in your role.
Government RelationsInternational Trade and DevelopmentManagement Consulting
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Tony Blair Institute for Global Change
The Tony Blair Institute for Global Change supports political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies in a globalised world. We do this through developing policy and advising governments.