Senior Technical Advisor, Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E
The Senior Technical Advisor, Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) provides technical assistance and analytical guidance across a range of ThinkWell in-country projects. The Senior Advisor brings strong quantitative skills and research capacity (typically in health economics and financing) as well as a solid understanding of the design, implementation, and evaluation of health financing policy reform.
In Kenya, the Senior Advisor plays a key role implementing the Strategic Purchasing for Primary Health Care (SP4PHC) project, a five-year program funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation that is supporting countries to improve how funds are allocated to healthcare providers in order to achieve the goal of universal health coverage. ThinkWell is working with purchasers and policy makers in five countries (Indonesia, Philippines, Kenya, Burkina Faso, and Uganda) to design and test policy options to more effectively purchase primary health care services, with a focus on family planning (FP) and maternal, neonatal and child health (MNCH).
The SP4PHC Kenya team works in four counties (Kilifi, Isiolo, Makueni and Kakamega) and at the national level with the Ministry of Health, NHIF and the Council of Governors. The Senior Advisor has experience in monitoring and evaluation of complex projects and the political skills necessary to manage a range of national- and county-level partnerships. The Senior Advisor reports to the Kenya Country Director.
- Provide direct technical assistance to ensure high quality program results and execution across projects in the area of specialization.
- Contribute to work planning, coordinate across external partners, and lead their engagement in collaborative projects.
- Develop monitoring, evaluation, research and learning tools, indicators, and plans.
- Communicate with other ThinkWell technical advisors globally to build, share, exchange and disseminate technical knowledge.
- Recruit, support, and mentor outstanding team members in the area of technical specialty; dotted line management responsibility for technical team members.
- Collaborate with the Well to design technical training and development activities that will support and build professional development.
- Contribute to national dialogue on health financing reforms, using learning from the SP4PHC project and other
- Thinkwell projects to advice on adoption of strategic purchasing and other health financing reforms for primary health services by MOH and counties.
Organizational Leadership and Development
- Represent ThinkWell in various meetings, actively engage key stakeholders, cultivate new business partnerships and concepts.
- Build project portfolio in technical specialty area in collaboration with Country director, Design Lab, program managers and other firm and country leaders.
- Collaborate with Design Lab to collect and pursue new business information and contacts.
- Write and Publish papers, articles, and blogs. Present at conferences/participate in technical working groups on ThinkWell project-related technical innovations, priorities, and results. Build ThinkWell reputation as a thought leader in the field.
- Consult and coordinate with key stakeholders within government, donors, and other entities to build ThinkWell program division and reputation.
- Play a firm-wide leadership role, participate in company initiatives and teams to build intellectual and human capital in technical area of specialization.
M&E for the SP4PHC Project and other Thinkwell projects
- Lead the development and Implementation of Thinkwell projects M&E plan, including collecting and cleaning relevant data, checking quality, and synthesizing reports.
- Provide technical leadership in carrying out baseline assessments, mid-point and end of project reviews.
- Work proactively with the Ministry of Health, key partners and stakeholders including but not limited to, Track 20, PMA to report progress, impact and best practices.
- Develop a mechanism to provide regular capacity building of Thinkwell County Program Officers.
- Produce high quality reporting content and documents as stipulated in the project’s document for Country Director and donors.
- Conduct quarterly and ad hoc field monitoring to each project County to verify data and program activities reported by partners.
- Develop and implement a data quality assurance plan and provide technical support to improve quality of data and reporting systems.
- Coordinate and facilitate all evidence gathering activities including program evaluations and research activities.
- Coordinate project reflection and learning sessions in conjunction with project partners.
M&E and Policy Support for the THS-UHC program
- Develop a workplan with the MOH THS team outlining Thinkwell’s support based on the needs of the THS program.
- Support creating, managing, and maintaining a data repository of the THS-UHC program-related Health
- Committee information and data from the Counties.
- Participate in planning and conducting quarterly PMT support supervision and bi-annual implementation missions.
- Coordinate development of minimum data sets and data requirements, including reporting tools and templates.
- Support the PMT Project Manager in program implementation and reporting.
- Shape THS-UHC guidelines to counties on using GFF funds strategically.
- Document lessons learnt from the THS program through policy briefs, blogs etc
- Disseminate best practices from counties in the context of the THS-UHC program.
- Share lessons on the project’s design and implementation strategies for future policy with Ministry of Health, national RMNCAH/FP stakeholders, and county governments
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.