Health Care Content Technical Sales Specialist for East Africa
Job TypeFull Time
Experience3 – 5 years
Job FieldSales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
The Health Care Content Technical Sales Specialist [HCC TSS] will concentrate on growing our Health Care Content business : COVID19 solution as well as expanding new sales into emerging infectious disease markets across a broad range of customer segments.
The HCC Technical Sales Specialist should be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of selling into clinical diagnostic market and Reference Labs. This role serves both as a sales role plus a technical resource for the customers across the territory as well as across a highly matrixed sales organization. To be fully effective, the HCC TSS understands the quantitative PCR, and with working knowledge of next generation sequencing and microarrays. The HCC Technical Sales Specialist will be responsible for attaining sales quota and developing high level relationships with key opinion leaders (KOL’s), with the purpose of making these engagements successful as positive references. As a member of a matrix organization, it is important to have good communications and alignment with the local district sales teams and business partners within Thermo Fisher.
What will you do?
- Develop and manage an annual Territory Plan and quarterly business plans to meet or exceed financial goals to be shared across our selling matrix. Utilize product and application knowledge across our genetic analysis portfolio to successfully apply consultative and strategic selling presentations.
- Understand customer goals, priorities and challenges to provide solutions best positioned to address clinical customer needs.
- Focus on high growth areas and markets, key applications to drive open array-based projects into new emerging markets.
- Consistently and accurately manage sales process including sales forecasting, pipeline management and sales tracking through the use of Sales Force system and other designated IT tools.
- Regularly utilize analytics tools and CRM’s to drive territory success and achieve plan.
- Assess sales team training needs and provide market feedback and product development input to internal business partners.
Who we are looking for: (input experience, skills & abilities)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Minimum 3-5+ years of sales experience in Life Sciences (highly preferred) or similar Field Application Support.
- Located within the defined geography of the territory
- Minimum of 50% travel expected by car, train & airplane
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Must have scientific consulting acumen -demonstrates extensive knowledge of qPCR technologies and applications
- Ability to accurately cost projects and speak to workflow advantages to create ROI with the customers and sales colleagues
- Accomplished sales skills and can speak to competitive technologies, demonstrate value as a supporting partner in the pre-sales process, while also independently driving sales throughout all stages of the sales process.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion.
- Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon
With Thermo Fisher Scientic, it’s not just a career. It’s a chance to realize your best – professionally and personally.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click ” APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $24 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity.