Summary of Responsibilities
- Support AWARD’s internal and external communication and engagement activities and ensure that they support in building an informed focus on gender-responsive agricultural research in Africa.
- Lead the development of communication products and publications focused on AWARD’s strategy including writing, editing, illustrating, designing, and formatting a stream of information materials such as regular news articles, feature blog articles, brochures and posters.
- Design and layout of AWARD information products: Support the production of high quality, brand-compliant, multimedia information products and visual assets.
- Maintain AWARD website and other communication platforms as needed.
- Develop, implement and manage a posting schedule for AWARD’s online platforms contributing to AWARD’s online outreach capacity.
- Coordinate production of bi-monthly electronic newsletter: produce and compile content, distribute, and maintain mailing lists.
- Track and analyze the online footprint and media mentions of AWARD and amplify these where appropriate.
Assist in media engagement.
- Field and respond to general inquiries.
- Document AWARD events or events that AWARD participates in.
Education, knowledge, and experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, communications, or related field, preferably in the development, science, agriculture or NGO sector.
- At least five years’ relevant, professional experience in a communications position.
- Fluency in English required.
- Superior writing and communication skills, with demonstrated experience in the application of professional editorial standards, journalistic news writing and corporate brand style.
Personal attributes and competencies:
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability in publication and communication of different content to a variety of audiences.
- Strong self-starter with the initiative to identify opportunities and take appropriate action.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop (the whole Adobe suite).
Direct, demonstrated experience with and knowledge of:
- Content management systems- mainly Drupal and WordPress
- Online newsletter management
- social networking strategies, networks, tools
- graphic design (Adobe suite)
- Displays the highest standards of personal integrity.
We do our best to provide you the most accurate info, but closing dates may be wrong on our site. Please check on the recruiting organization’s page for the exact info. Candidates are responsible for complying with deadlines and are encouraged to submit applications well ahead.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About The World Agroforestry Centre
The World Agroforestry Centre, is an international institute headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, and founded in 1978. The Centre specializes in the sustainable management, protection and regulation of tropical rainforest and natural reserves.