Human Resources and Administration Manager
Job Type Full Time
Experience 10 years
Job Field Human Resources / HR
- Provide oversight and quality control over recruitment procedures, including screening, interviewing, reference checks, and job oﬀers;
- Head all human resource functions in the oﬃce, including staﬀ induction and orientation, maintaining and updating personnel ﬁles, and hiring and terminating employees;
- Ensure employment policy structures with regard to job descriptions, salary scales, beneﬁts, diversity, and training. Conduct periodic surveys within local markets to benchmark competitive staﬀ compensation packages;
- Oversee staﬀ performance management policies, including annual and midyear 360 and probationary evaluation processes;
- Serve as the key internal point person for employee labour relations and personnel mediation in the event of inter-oﬃce disputes;
- Oversee research, drafting, and updating of employee policy and procedure manuals; staﬀ bios; and staﬀ orientation binder;
- Research, negotiate and renew with the procurement team all oﬃce suppliers pertaining to personnel beneﬁts, such as medical insurance and pension;
- Identify periodic skills development or in-house training opportunities for staﬀ;
- Ensure a healthy and robust oﬃce environment to promote staﬀ growth, wellbeing and productivity.
- Promote a healthy spirit of teamwork and communication within the ICJ Kenya team through regular meetings and exchange of information.
- Promote employee wellness and employee retention through creative beneﬁts.
- Oversee the day-to-day administration processes and operations for eﬀective service delivery.
- Provide executive support to the oﬃce of the Executive Director
- Provide leadership in the maintenance of an up-to-date members’ register pursuant to the Societies Act.
- Provide leadership in the submission of the organisation’s annual returns with the Registrar of Societies.
- Prepare documentation for Annual General Meetings
- A bachelor’s degree in human resource management or business management administration (a master’s degree will be an added advantage)
- At least ten years’ previous work experience in human resources administration (experience in the non-governmental sector will be an added advantage)
- Extraordinary initiative, creativity and capacity to think strategically
- Excellent interpersonal skills, diplomacy, verbal and written communication skills
- Integrity, conﬁdentiality, and professional discretion essential
- Appreciation of diﬀerence, diversity and human rights values in the workplace
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide array of people with diverse backgrounds throughout the sector
- Performance review methods and techniques
- Staﬀ training, development and recognition
- Knowledge and understanding of human resources best practices, including the ability to interpret and apply policies consistently in the context of problem-solving
- An understanding of relevant legislation, policies and procedures
- Technologically competent, experienced with database systems, including the ability to operate spreadsheets and word processing programs at a highly proﬁcient level
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
About The Kenyan Section of the International Commission of Jurists (ICJ Kenya)
Established in 1959, The Kenyan Section of the International Commission of Jurists (ICJ Kenya) is a non-governmental, non-partisan, not for profit making, membership organisation registered in Kenya. With a membership drawn from the Bar as well as the Bench, it is a National Section of the International Commission of Jurists whose headquarter is in Geneva. It is however autonomous from the ICJ Geneva.