Senior Communications Officer
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldMedia / Advertising / Branding
REPORTS TO: CEO
SUPERVISION: Communications Officer & Bilingual Administrative Assistant
PURPOSE: The incumbent is responsible for the overall management of the ATI’s brand. This involves reputational management, marketing and public relations activities.
- Manage the department’s annual and AGM budgets;
- Create and implement an annual communication strategy;
- Manage the production and distribution of reports, presentations, press releases and announcements produced by ATI;
- Write and edit press releases, in-house newsletters, presentations, speeches, articles, promotional material and annual reports;
- Produce ATI’s annual report, which includes coordinating input from management and all stake-holders and production;
- Work with HR to create an internal communications plan that will incorporate targeted messaging to help foster an environment of transparency and unity;
- Plan and implement PR campaigns;
- Act as the company’s spokesperson when required;
- Media management – develop and maintain good working relationships with the media, including domestic and international newspapers, magazines, radio and television;
- Expand media database to include contacts at top-tier international media outlets;
- Work with the Underwriting and relevant departments in reviewing, updating, and producing marketing brochures, handouts, and multimedia and digital products;
- Answer enquiries from individuals, journalists and other organizations; and
- Manage organization of special events, such as ATI’s annual international Roundtable, AGM-related activities, office launches, workshops, press conferences and exhibitions.
- Master’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or Public Relations or related field
- Professional qualification in Communications, Marketing or Public Relations
- Minimum eight (8) years of relevant full time professional experience in PR and communications work
- Experience working in an international financial institution, an investment insurance environment and a multi-cultural environment will be an asset Skills and Attributes
- Knowledge and experience in marketing;
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize complex issues into clearly written articles, speeches and press releases;
- Demonstrated skills in creating and implementing communications strategies in large institutions; and
- Experience in designing and implementing short, long-term strategic marketing and/or PR plans.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Please submit an electronic copy of the following:
CV, plus details of your current remuneration package along with details of three referees
Personal History Form
The closing date for application is Thursday, 21 January 2021 at Midnight Nairobi time.
ATI offers a competitive salary and benefits package and a collegial working environment commensurate with other multilaterals.
ATI reserves the right to not make an appointment to the above vacancies, or to make an appointment at a slightly higher or lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description.
ATI will only contact those applicants who are being actively considered for an interview.
About The African Trade Insurance Agency
ATI provides political risk and trade credit risk insurance products with the objective of reducing the business risk and cost of doing business in Africa. Our main goal is to help increase investments into our African member countries and two-way trade flows between Africa and the world. We facilitate exports, foreign direct investment into and trade flows within the continent. ATI was launched in 2001 with the financial and technical support of the World Bank and the backing of seven African countries. The African Development Bank recently joined as shareholder and partner by funding countries to join ATI. Since 2003, we have supported over $25 billion worth of trade and investments across the continent, secured an investment grade rating of 'A' from Standard & Poor's, and expanded membership with plans to attract even more African member countries and international financial institutions in the near term.