Chief of Party / Deputy Chief of Party – Multiple East Africa procurements
Job TypeFull Time
Experience5 – 10 years
Position Description: Under all of these initiatives the COP will be the principal point of contact in the respective field offices for procedural and substantive matters. The COP will coordinate and ultimately be responsible for all contract management and implementation. S/he will be the primary liaison with each USAID mission on technical matters and must adjust activities in an adaptive manner in response to both technical direction from the mission and evolving market system needs. The COP will also be responsible for ensuring quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the award.
The COP’s primary responsibilities are aimed at providing overall leadership, management and general technical direction of the entire project, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the results defined in the award. This individual will be expected to identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate adjustments. These are anticipated to be full-time positions based in Nairobi, Addis Ababa, Dar Es Salaam, or other regional capitals for multiple year postings.
- At least ten (10) years of demonstrated experience in the successful implementation of relevant development activities, especially in rural resilience, agricultural market development, natural resource management, business management, or rural development;
- At least five (5) years of demonstrated experience in direct supervision of professional and support staff;
- For COP positions, at least (3) years in a senior project management role in a project of at least $2 million in average annual operating budget;
- Bachelor’ degree in international development, agriculture, economic or another relevant field required; masters’ degree or an additional 3 years of relevant experience preferred.
- Experience working with the public and private sectors to foster a resilient and inclusive market system that promotes private sector investment and trade;
- Demonstrated ability to engage in multi-stakeholder dialogue, including sustaining partnerships and strong working relationships with donors, host country government counterparts, academic institutions, and civil society;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to think strategically and communicate his/her vision to partners and colleagues;
- Proven experience navigating complex and high-pressure operating environments;
- Experience with major donor funded activities required; 3 years’ experience on USAID-funded initiatives preferred.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is required.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
About Tetra Tech
About Tetra Tech
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. We are a diverse company, including individuals with expertise in science, research, engineering, construction, and information technology. Our strength is in collectively providing integrated services-delivering the best solutions to meet our clients' needs. Tetra Tech’s innovative, sustainable solutions help our clients address their water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development challenges. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in every sector and to use that expertise throughout the project life cycle. Our commitment to safety is ingrained in our culture and at the forefront of every project. Our Mission To be the premier worldwide consulting and engineering firm. Our Core Principles Our core principles form the underpinning of how we work together to serve our clients. Service: Tetra Tech puts its clients first. We listen better to understand our clients' needs and deliver smart, cost-effective solutions that meet those needs. Value: Tetra Tech takes on our clients' problems as if they were our own. We develop and implement real-world solutions that are cost-effective, efficient, and practical. Excellence: Tetra Tech brings superior technical capability, disciplined project management, and excellence in safety and quality to all of our work. Opportunity: Our people are our number one asset. Our workforce is diverse and includes leading experts in our fields. Our entrepreneurial nature and commitment to success provide challenges and opportunities for all of our associates. Our Purpose Tetra Tech will enhance the quality of life while creating value for customers, associates, investors, and partners. Our Business Groups Water, Environment & Infrastructure (WEI) provides consulting and engineering services worldwide for a broad range of water- and infrastructure-related needs in both developed and emerging economies. Services include water management, environmental restoration, government consulting, and a broad range of civil infrastructure requirements for facilities, transportation, and regional and local development. Resource Management & Energy (RME) provides consulting and engineering services worldwide for a broad range of resource management and energy needs including oil and gas, energy, mining, remediation, utilities, waste management, and international development. Company Facts Employees: 16,000 Revenue: $2.3 billion (FY 2015) NASDAQ Symbol: TTEK Corporate Office: 3475 East Foothill Blvd., Pasadena, CA 91107; +1 (626) 351-4664 Geographic Reach: 400 offices worldwide