The role will be the liaison between business system users and the information technology team in as far as creating automated business solutions is concerned. The role holder will also be responsible for gathering, detailing and documenting business requirements in a format that is useful to business end users and technical developers, propose ways in which the existing processes and systems can be used or changed to meet new business requirements as well as point out and identify new systems needed to meet business requirements, within the context of a well established Enterprise IT Architecture.
Business Requirements Analysis
- Carry out full business requirements discovery that includes interviewing relevant stakeholders and end-users.
- Collect, classify, analyze and document business requirements as per set standards.
- Create high-level solution designs to meet business requirements by exploiting the functionality available in IT systems already in Safaricom, or by filling missing gaps with appropriate new systems, in accordance with enterprise architecture
- Collaboratively develop test-driven business requirements and functional specifications with business, technical, and testing team members.
- Participate in technical/functional evaluation of bids for new systems
- Ensure sensible consensus is reached for all requirements/specifications and help business, IT, and test leads to have the same mutual understanding thereof.
Business Process Documentation
- Generate process documentation that clarifies and validates how the organization utilizes business systems to meet business requirements
- Ensure that IT systems are aligned with Safaricom business processes, and engage business stakeholders in process reviews to ensure:
- development costs for new business applications/products are reduced
quick reaction to urgent business needs, and any new regulations
- Improved user/customer experience and quality assurance
Release Planning and Prioritization
- Promote proper release planning, guaranteeing adherence to business needs and priorities and as a consequence, contribute to the reduction of development costs in future
- Follow a prioritization process that is transparent and understandable for all parties involved
- Keep stakeholders constantly up-to-date on progress
- Verify that requirements are testable and generate testing objectives.
- Review test cases for accuracy. Validate User Acceptance results conform to requirements
- Degree in computer science, Information Technology or any other related Technical field.
Business analysis skills
- Excellent systems analytical and communication (written and verbal) skills along with meeting facilitation skills
- Logical and physical data modeling, relational databases.
- Experience in writing formal Use Cases and other UML tools
- Demonstrated experience producing requirements that support test-driven development.
- Excellent communication skills: BAs must be able to listen to customers, document requirements quickly & accurately, and review written materials for accuracy. Must also be able to communicate specifications to person’s at all technical levels.
- Expertise in enterprise architecture.
- 3+ years experience as a systems developer/business analyst in a busy IT development environment, 2 years of which must include experience in systems analysis.
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Desire to continually learn new skills
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your resume with your cell phone contact indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role, clearly quoting the job title and job reference
About Techsavanna Technology Limited
Techsavanna has provided a wide range of ICT services and software for Property Management, Project Management, Energy Management and Financial Management in diverse industry and client profiles. In Eastern Africa the firm has offices in Nairobi, in the region the firm comprises of with a total staff force of over 100.