Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldEngineering / Technical
TERMS OF SERVICE
Three (3) years Contract
The candidate will be responsible for providing strategic leadership to the Tavevo Water and Sewerage Company Limited, positioning it for rapid growth and leading cultural transformation. The person appointed shall head the management team and shall oversee the company’s functions and operations.
(S)He will ensure implementation of the Board of Director’s decisions as well as establish long-term goals, strategies, plans and policies that are aimed at improving performance, service delivery, attaining growth and improving operational efficiency.
Reporting to the Board of Directors.
- Developing for approval of the Board of Director’s, strategic and business plans, including annual work-plans, budget and performance targets,
- Providing strategic leadership and direction, including the management and development of the human resources of the company
- Planning, coordinating and implementing all activities of the company in line with the policies and directives approved by the Board of Directors
- Ensuring proper management, operational efficiency and corporate reporting requirement of the company
- Ensuring regulatory compliance and implementation of high standards of internal controls and procedures
- Driving Business automation to leverage on technology and improve on operational efficiency, effectiveness and business growth
- Identifying and developing innovative solutions to increase water and sanitation coverage
- Leading a cultural transformation and organizational restructuring to position the utility as a leader in the water sector.
- Communicating and liaising with the regulators, and keeping the other key stakeholders, promptly and fully informed;
- Engaging with and successfully managing strategic relationships with the County Government, the Board of directors, regulatory bodies,
- Communicating and liaising with the regulators, and keeping the county government, the Board of Director’s and other key stakeholders, promptly and fully informed;
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience required for this Role
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Civil or Water) or Finance or Economics, or Business Management or
- Environmental science from a recognized university
- A postgraduate qualification in Project Management or Finance management or Strategic management
- Be registered with the relevant professional body and be a member of good standing in the current year
- Be in possession of corporate governance training
- Possess a minimum of 5 (Five) years’ experience in utility management or service industry, 3 (three) of which should be in senior management
- Should have extensive knowledge and experience of the water sector and water sector reforms and laws governing water and sanitation service provision in Kenya
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with highly demonstrable competencies in strategy formulation and implementation, building shared vision, championing customer focus and managing people in a multi-cultural environment
- Should possess good knowledge on ethics, governance and operations of Water Company
- Possess excellent knowledge of IT Systems
- Knowledge of Public Procurement and Disposal Act, procurement rules and guidelines
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
- Candidates must attach a clear copy of their national identity card or valid passport.
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on Leadership and Integrity by obtaining clearance from higher education loans board (HELB), Directorate of criminal Investigation (DCI), Kenya
- Revenue Authority (KRA), Accredited Credit Reference Bureau (CRB), and Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC).
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letters together with CVs, copies of academic and professional certificates and other testimonials addressed to:
The Managing Director
TAVEVO Water and Sewerage Co. Ltd
Hard copy deliveries are currently being discouraged to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 virus.
Applications should be received on or before 17th December, 2020 at 4.00 p.m
Women candidates are encouraged to apply
Candidates found Canvassing will be disqualified
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted
TAVEVO Water and Sewerage Company Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About TAVEVO Water and Sewerage Company Ltd
Tavevo Water and Sewerage Company Ltd, was incorporated on April 7, 2006 as a private company limited by shares to give it autonomy and enable it operate commercially. The major shareholders of the company were Municipal Council of Voi, County Council of Taita Taveta and Town Council of Taveta which now are the County of Taita Taveva. The company is one of the WSPs in the CWSB jurisdiction and has been contracted to provide water and sewerage services in Taita Taveta County under a Service Provision Agreement.