Technical Operations Lead
Syngenta’s mission is to bring plant potential to life through innovative solutions that maximize yields, enhance quality and at the same time limit post-harvest losses. We pride ourselves with high quality brands and crop solutions.
Syngenta Kenya Pollen Limited – KEPO based in Ruiru is a fully owned subsidiary of Syngenta Seeds B.V, in the horticultural industry engaged in the production of vegetable seeds, rooted and un-rooted cutting for the export market. As a leading player in agribusiness industry, we seek a result-oriented, efficient, and customer-focused individual to fill the position of Technical Operations Lead.
Reporting to the Technical Manager – Flowers Department, this position will be responsible for coordinating management of farm equipment, infrastructure, and Projects by providing technical solutions relating to safety, security, and maintenance for quality seamless customer service.
- Coordinates and distribute labour to different sections as per work requirements and allocates tasks to the technicians and ensures they are completed within budget regarding the production schedules.
- Ensures standards of routine Safety Maintenance and Control (SAMACO) procedures are adhered to, to increase the efficiency of maintenance process, thus reducing equipment down time and achieving annual cost savings.
- Prepares bill of quantities for equipment, tools, parts, and materials accurately and follow up on delivery and participates in reception of specialized equipment to check on compliance to specifications and company standards.
- Organizes the execution of routine inspection, service, and maintenance works, establishes and revises schedule of services (maintenance log) and procedures for such activities while ensuring proper utilization and control of resources to ensure systems reliability.
- Plans, organizes, and communicates execution of major shutdown jobs (outage works) and over-hauling of equipment in liaison with affected departmental heads and sections heads to ensure smooth operations.
- Liaises with Head of Department and head of sections to establish, prioritize and harmonize engineering tasks and efforts to achieve optimal production.
- Trains, Demonstrates and Guides the Engineering staff on preventive and corrective maintenance to ensure compliance.
- Monitor performance of personnel working in the department with a view to meet set targets and ensure conformance with accepted standards.
- Carries out risk assessment for general farm equipment’s, installation, structures, and activities to mitigate incidences and breakdowns.
- Performs root cause analysis on engineering related incidences and prepares appropriate reports.
- Analyses recurrent engineering problems to increase the efficiency of maintenance process, provide practical solutions and develop contingency plans.
- Facilitates availability and maintenance of transportation vehicles and plant for efficient movement of goods and services.
- Ensures the general cleanliness and Maintenance of hygiene of the general farm.
- Prepares and maintains task-in-progress reports, labour reports, job cards and worksheets of tasks completed and disseminates them to relevant stake holders.
- Conducts toolbox meetings to discuss safety and methods of works.
- Ensures compliance to engineering standards and procedures related to professional disciplines geared towards safe and efficient methods of work.
- Ensure Compliance to HSE and Phyto rules and regulations and champion the implementation of Syngenta HSE and Phyto policies and standards in your area of operation by integrating the same in all business operations.
Any other duties & projects as may be allocated from time to time any other tasks and projects as may be allocated from time to time.
The ideal candidate must possess the following qualification and competencies:
- A degree in Degree in Engineering
- Must have at least 3 year’s relevant work experience
- Demonstrates openness in communication to others and make timely communication in case of faults
- Track record for building trust and giving reliable and correct information
- Data entry and analytical skills with progressive analytical and reporting tools.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong supervisory and managerial skills with a growth mindset.
- Proactiveness in taking precautionary measures in the quality control and quality assurance process
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office with excellent organizational skills.
- Must possess a proven track record of leading teams with good problem-solving skills.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for his job.
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities. To learn more visit www.syngenta.com and www.goodgrowthplan.com.