Key Account Manager – Large Seeded Vegetables
Job TypeFull Time
Experience5 – 7 years
Job FieldSales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
- Manage targeted customer relationships to gain a deeper understanding of their business and business needs to co-develop customized value offers that build a successful and sustainable business partnership.
- Work with the EAME Large Seeded Vegetables sales team to implement the agreed customer strategy, monitor effectiveness and adjust as required.
- Act as a key contact / interface for all Syngenta businesses to our customers.
- Scope: Kenya, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique
- Business accountabilities
- Develop/implement sound value and transactional pricing based on customer perceived value
- Gain regular Account feedback on Syngenta performance.
- Recommendation of the pricing policy towards the organization.
- Manages the strategic relationship between Syngenta and a key account to achieve agreed sales targets, or strategic objectives including processors, large international distributors, and integrated producers for Processing & Fresh market. (Beans, Peas and Sweetcorn).
- Maintain customer relationships and realize high customer satisfaction.
- Continually review account’s performance against KPI’s (orders, sales from the account, forecasting, payments & credit control)
- Develop Account strategy and key account plans for main Key Accounts.
- Develop/deliver innovative, customer driven offers
- Develop profitable sales growth from NPI introductions.
- After-sales support especially with super complaint handling and coordination.
- Reliable information about the assortment, national and international.
- Communication about towards customers about seed quality, (Syngenta) quality standards and product forms.
- Introduction of improved quality standards and new product forms.
- Executes the customer trials as required by Marketing (PDS) and collect NPI data into EZ Capture. Translate market requirements into tangible pipeline needs as guidance to Marketing. Launches PLC 7 varieties with key growers and leverages results via demand generating activities, when available following the plan of the LSV Marketing Operation Lead.
- Maintain accurate forecasts during Demand Review cycles and adjust the in-season forecasts in cooperation with Supply Planners and Business Planners. (New process). Provide NPI forecasts insight to LSV PDS.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Critical knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree Horticultural or Agricultural or equivalent knowledge gained through proven experience.
- Sales management / marketing experience: 5-7 years
- Key account management skills; strong understanding of customer needs, structure and business drivers 3- 5 years
- Understanding of competitive environment
- English knowledge fluent written and spoken,
- Computer literacy
- Critical experience
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Deep customer and market understanding
- Project management
- Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities
- Applies effective customer segmentation
- Ability to develop/deliver innovative, customer driven offers
- Ability to develop/implement sound value and transactional pricing based on customer perceived value
- Able to implement effective CRM strategies
- Manages distribution channels effectively
- Understands market dynamics and competitive environment
- Able to use market research effectively to understand customer, markets and channels
- Anticipates changes in the market and propose strategy adjustments accordingly
- Analytical thinking
- Communication and presentation skills
- People/team player
- Problem solver ability
- Self-organised and entrepreneurial thinker
- Critical leadership capabilities
- Focus on customers
- Execution and results orientation
- Lead and manage change
- Critical success factors & key challenges
- Customer oriented
- Result driven and business oriented
- Ability to prioritise and focus her/his job and KA team on must wins
- Business knowledge
- Project management skills
- Creativity and entrepreneurial mindset
- Fluency in English
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities. To learn more visit www.syngenta.com and www.goodgrowthplan.com.