Finance & Accounts Associate
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldFinance / Accounting / Audit
Reporting to: Finance Team Lead
About the Role
Reporting to the Team Lead – Finance, SunCulture is seeking a Finance and Accounts Associate who will be responsible for managing all expenses, accruals, general ledger account analysis, and reconciliations. They will also be responsible for processing and maintaining prepaid expenses, and deferred accounts. Assist with month-end close and the preparation of the annual budget for multiple departments.
- Prepare, process, and/or follow up supporting documentation for Invoices/Credits.
- Ensure all cash releases via bank or Mpesa are processed properly and deposited as per scheduled date i.e. weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly.
- Receive the Purchase orders and ensure all the information is recorded in the system.
- Ensure purchase orders are raised within lead time and as per company regulations.
- Do supplier reconciliation and ensure accounts payable expenditures are reasonable by referring any irregularities to your reporting head before posting.
- Set up in the system new vendors as required after verifying their trade information.
- Collect, record, and verify vendor accounts payable information before releasing payment information, recording
- Ensure the company is statutory compliant by remitting statutory deductions on a timely basis.
- Timely release of all disbursement vouchers both Kenya Shillings and USD vouchers.
- Prepare Accounts Payable accruals and ensure all the accruals are completed every end month.
- Answer queries from all vendors regarding problems with invoices or payment of them.
- Ensure supplier statements are reconciled to invoices on a timely basis.
- Ensure proper accounting hygiene by ensuring all Accounts Payable files are stored properly and in a neat and tidy manner.
- Prepare the bank reconciliation reports within the deadlines set.
- Assist auditors during audit verifications.
- Any other finance-related role assigned from time to time by your reporting head.
Does This Sound like you?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- Certified Professional Accountant (CPA-K) certificate is preferred.
- 2 years of Accounting work experience.
- Sound understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- Analytical mind with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with superb organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Critical thinker with high proficiency in math.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent report writing, communication, and IT skills.
- Advanced competency in Microsoft Office and Accounting software packages.
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Have the ability to handle pressure, meet deadlines
- Be organized and be an expert in time management
- An agile trainer capable of training and being trained and be very resilient and flexible
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About SunCulture Kenya Ltd
Since the sale of our first kit in 2013, SunCulture has been on a mission to help smallholder farmers in Africa improve both crop yields and quality. We are driven to constantly innovate and improve our technology to make solar powered irrigation solutions truly affordable for the millions of farmers on the continent