Credit Data Analyst
Job Type Full Time
Job Field Research / Data Analysis
The credit analyst role will be a support role in the Consumer Financing Department. Your key role will be research and data analysis to enable the company to make data driven decisions. The candidate should therefore have experience in data clean up , data transformation and metrics optimization. S/he will be responsible for understanding company operations and provide accurate and timely data reporting and analysis using statistical techniques to internal teams and relevant stakeholders. Your role will entail gathering data and information from various sources and performing data checks to ensure data accuracy, completeness and evaluate risks.
Does this sound like you?
- Bachelor of Science in mathematics, statistics, computer science, economics, social sciences or related fields.
- Experience developing and implementing data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
- 2 to 3 years proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficiency with statistical languages (R, SAS, STATA SPSS) and Programming languages, such as, Oracle, and Python
- Strong working experience with MS Excel, MS Access, MySQL and other databases
- Data visualization and reporting techniques.
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently as a team player
- Independent thinker, able to thrive in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- In-depth knowledge of the industry and current trends adaptable for SunCulture
- Have the ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Comfortable with ambiguity and experience working in a dynamic environment.
- Have discretion in using budgetary allocations
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Willingness and ability to handle any job assigned under your scope of work
- Improve the database design, data entry and ensuring information in the PAYG portfolio is properly managed with data cleanup as and when needed;
- Diagnose and solve data entry, storage and quality problems that may arise;
- Collate, query and clean data coming in from internal platforms, including flagging out inconsistencies and/or errors arising from collated data as part of routine data checks;
- Create new processes for data extraction and suggest automation tools for day-to-day analyses;
- Design and maintain data flow patterns for ongoing projects and advising projects on optimal systems to minimize data errors;
- Data backup management
Data Analysis and Reporting
- Analyze and interpret large amounts of data to identify trends, gaps, and inconsistencies;
- Generate analytical reports and make presentation as and when required and in the required format;
- Provide support to teams by responding to ad-hoc data requests, answering questions, and providing basic technical support and analysis;
- Turn data into insight and communicate findings enable teams properly communicate and make data driven decisions;
- Share different daily/weekly/monthly reports with relevant teams for decision making.
- Work with the management team to prioritize business based on findings from PAYG data analysed;
- Understand business questions and hypotheses and determined output metrics to answer them;
- Business data review and validation;
- Transform raw data to final output metrics and present the findings to business stakeholders;
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
About SunCulture Kenya Ltd
Since the sale of our first kit in 2013, SunCulture has been on a mission to help smallholder farmers in Africa improve both crop yields and quality. We are driven to constantly innovate and improve our technology to make solar powered irrigation solutions truly affordable for the millions of farmers on the continent