Collection & Recovery Officer (North Rift)
Job TypeFull Time
LocationEldoret , Uasin Gishu
Job FieldFinance / Accounting / Audit
About the Role
Reporting to the Head of Credit, the ideal candidate is responsible for collections of defaulted portfolio, racing & recovery of all Sunculture assets assigned on credit but defaulted, issuance of Demand letters in the field & initiation of repossession rights on all non-performing credits above Sunculture’s Payg credit policy guidelines.
Does this sound interesting? If so, are you looking to;
- Be accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts
- Ensure allocated accounts are monitored on a daily basis and appropriate actions are taken to ensure that the collection portfolio remains within acceptable limits through the application of sound credit judgment within Sunculture Payg credit policy guidelines.
- Investigate and resolve any customer queries and complaints through verbal or written correspondence in line with Sunculture Payg credit policies.
- Issue out demand letters at field level to defaulters with the aim to get payments back to normalcy.
- Record new commitment to repay the debt (PTPs), determine if the debt can be collected, and accordingly recommend/initiate the recovery process.
- Contact defaulting customers either by calling or visiting them with an aim of negotiating a settlement of the arrears.
- Initiate Repossession of Sunculture assets was necessary.
- Achieve the monthly collection targets as assigned by the supervisor
- Identify and escalate deceased or disabled customers to Head of Credit for review or collection termination.
- Ensure all work queues are acted upon.
- Conduct field visit assessment before visiting the market areas.
- Manage relationships with local authorities and Security Officers
- Plan and organize field collection drives across all regions
- Conduct monthly reporting as per portfolio performance on delinquency.
Knowledge and skills for the Role
- At least 3-6 years’ work experience in debt collection in microfinance or such organization
- Knowledge of relevant legal requirements and processes in microfinance and credit collections environment or any other financial institution
- Evidence of well-developed organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Integrity and ability to work in consumer finance with small scale farmers across Kenya
- Sound verbal communication skills including the ability to negotiate respectfully and communicate the rationale for decisions made.
- Target driven, self-starter, and problem solver
- Demonstrated ability to follow policy and procedures.
- Sound judgment, analytical, and decision-making skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new systems and processes.
- Demonstrated commitment to service excellence.
- Computer literacy
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About SunCulture Kenya Ltd
Since the sale of our first kit in 2013, SunCulture has been on a mission to help smallholder farmers in Africa improve both crop yields and quality. We are driven to constantly innovate and improve our technology to make solar powered irrigation solutions truly affordable for the millions of farmers on the continent