Investigator, Shared Investigative Services
Job Type Full Time
Job Field Banking
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing non-government investigations for the Bank in the Africa region, including responsibility for operational risk management and investigation delivery.
- Ensuring effective investigation strategies to manage legal and regulatory issues that may have a significant impact on the Africa Region; keeping abreast of changes within the Group and Region. Represent the Bank and lead on external relationships with advisory groups, law enforcement agencies and other (non-legal) external stakeholders.
- Utilise external and internal networks to the bank to build strong liaison across the Group
- Provide reports and other Management Information in agreed and standardised format
- Coordinate identification of themes, trends and lessons learnt from investigations in the Africa region to support the continuous improvement of the Bank’s conduct and control environment.
- Conduct and manage non-government investigations for the Bank that have potentially material impact on the
- Bank from either a reputational, regulatory, financial or litigation perspective (or any combination of the same)
- As required, investigate data leakage cases escalated for Africa region and assist in promoting awareness of the importance of confidentiality of bank information. Support management and promote Speaking Up in country with assistance from Regional investigative team.
People and Talent
- Establish, develop and maintain close collaboration with key internal functional stakeholders including Legal, Compliance, FCC and HR, to fully embed the Group Investigations framework including the formalisation of policies, procedures, processes and controls.
- Adopt a flexible approach in supporting other areas within the Group Investigations structure (and in seeking inbound support when necessary) to promote effective and efficient allocation of investigative resources
- Maintain close interaction with those Risk Owners to whom responsibility is delegated to ensure resolution of system and control improvements identified through the investigations
- Ensure regional senior management are fully informed of all key risks and issues in area of responsibility and reported in line with Bank’s operational risk process.
- Reinforce an effective and exemplary risk and control culture and further strengthen the control environment
- Act to minimise operational loss and audit failures and take proactive measures to respond to matters arising.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Business and function heads (Regional Management Group)
- Financial Crime Compliance
- Our Ideal Candidate
- At least 5 years substantive background in enforcement actions, investigations or prosecutorial and regulatory agency environment, with local expertise in at least one of the countries within Africa jurisdiction
Sharp business acumen with experience of investigations in white collar corporate environment and/or experience advising or managing complex investigations and related risks representing Financial Institutions
- Excellent investigation, analytical, problem solving, risk mitigation and report writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to conduct best practice investigations with a high level of integrity, independence, professionalism and discretion
- Understanding of the key features of relevant laws and regulations relevant to Bank and the role of Investigations
- Knowledge and sound judgement of business practices, regulatory relationship management and reputational risk
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Standard Chartered Bank
Standard Chartered Kenya, whose official name is Standard Chartered Bank Kenya Limited, but is sometimes referred to as Stanchart Kenya, is a commercial bank in Kenya.