Relationship Manager, Rift Valley – Commercial Banking, Coast
Job Type Full Time
Experience 5 – 7 years
Job Field Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
To grow and retain a portfolio of relationships as per allocated sector/Region; and to drive and manage the profitable delivery of a proactive, value adding, sales, solutions and service platform.
- Formulate, drive, measure and manage the implementation of a revenue growth performance strategy for the portfolio to grow new business and share of wallet across the allocated commercial banking tier.
- Responsible for driving Personal Banking, Business Banking and Commercial Banking interplay in partnership with Private Banking and other Personal Banking segments by proactively identifying and passing Personal
- Banking leads onto the relevant Relationship managers including workplace banking opportunities.
- Develop and implement revenue growth best practices in support of the commercial value proposition and customer’s expectations.
- Own the profitability of the allocated commercial banking tier/Sector:
drive credit quality and own the recoveries of loans
actively manage impairments
- Manage the operational risk of the segment
- Grow the business banking number of active customers keeping in line with
- Minimum Revenue per customer
- Measures of success:
- Delivering Liability and Asset growth targets per portfolio
- Proactively manage and review pricing concessions.
- Ensure that the team focuses on client solutions through the Business Development committees and CVCAs.
- Manage profit margins on portfolio through appropriate pricing within policy guidelines.
- Grow the customer base to increase fees and commissions
Measures of success:
- 30% NIR growth Year on Year (YoY)
- Own the active customer numbers, ensuring quality customer growth and retention
- Monitor and manages (in collaboration with internal business partners) the delivery of service in line with service level agreements, standards and turnaround times within the commercial centre.
- Perform a proactive liaison role, at appropriate levels, between relevant stakeholders (e.g., credit, operational shared services, product specialists and other relevant business partners), to ensure customer service expectations are fully met.
- Frequently source feedback on the customer experience and service levels and addresses areas of concern as a matter of priority.
- Implement a customer relationship management (CRM) strategy to ensure regular contact of all commercial customers in the portfolio as per the customer value proposition (CVP) for Commercial Banking.
Measures of success:
- Turnaround time of account opening, credit applications, queries/complaint resolution
- Client on boarding score of 100%Inactive/Dormant account less than 0.5
- Service score of not less than 8.5/10
- Risk ManagementSupport the relationship managers in structuring, monitoring and managing the asset portfolio
- Be accountable for the customer compliance with a specific focus on ensuring KYC, AML and Regulatory compliance.
- Ensure recovery of all revenue (e.g., pricing related fees, initiation fees, reviews fees, monitoring reversals, and managing concessions).
- Ensure accurate and updated customer information.
- Be accountable for the post impairments revenue of the collective multi portfolio segment
Measures of success:
- Deliver a performing book within the required CLR
- Satisfactory audit rates for all facilities
- Timely reviews for all facilities (3 months before the due date)
- Percentage of non-performing loans <5% of the total book
Measures of success:
- Business StrategyDevelop, pitch for approvals and then drive a business strategy looking to execute business imperatives.
- Continuously source relevant information around key trends and/or changes in the industries in which the customer operates to enable proactive information sharing with the customer.
- Own the budgeting process for the sub-segment
- Measures of success:Delivering budgeted ROE
- Meets budget on Balance sheet growth (Assets and Liabilities)
- Meet budget on revenue (NII, NIR and Forex Revenue)
- Meet budget on DTF min 0.5
- Acquisition of new to bank customers in line with the budget
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Honours Degree
- Field of study: Finance and Accounting
- A post graduate qualification in Finance and Accounting.
- 5 – 7 years of banking experience
- Strong numerical skills and financial acumen to analyse, evaluate and identify trends in complex consolidated financial statements, balance sheets and ratios.
- A sound understanding of cash – flow cycles pertaining to the industry being analysed.
- A good knowledge of financial spreadsheet applications (e.g. Excel) to capture and analyse financial data.
- Good knowledge of general banking practices and procedures.
- A good understanding of the principles and practices of business economics and the current business economic environment.
- A good current knowledge of different industry sectors and sector risk profiles/ trends; this includes an understanding of the impact of climactic conditions on the agricultural market (if there are agric clients in the portfolio).
- A thorough knowledge of multi-level products available to business banking customers (features & benefits) and pricing structures.
- A good knowledge of financial investment options, vehicle and asset finance and electronic banking options for lead generation purposes.
- A good knowledge of Personal Banking product offerings.
- A good knowledge of competitor offerings and structures.
- A sound knowledge and understanding of Credit principles and practices, including an understanding of credit application, securities and balance sheet requirements.
- A strong working knowledge of the terms and conditions of multiple legal entities (companies, close corporations, sole proprietorships etc.) in the commercial market and the legislative restrictions & requirements governing these from a financial services perspective.
- Sound understanding of current taxation laws as they apply to the portfolio of customers.
- Negotiation skills.
- A good working knowledge of administration processes and procedures pertaining to Business Banking transactions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of how to use the Group Reference Guide to access/ look up relevant information.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
About Standard Bank Groups
Standard Bank Group is the largest African banking group by assets offering a full range of banking and related financial services. "Africa is our home, we drive her growth” Our vision is to be the leading financial services organisation in, for and across Africa, delivering exceptional client experiences and superior value. This sets the primary goals and standard of excellence we intend to achieve in the medium term. With a heritage of over 150 years, we have an on-the-ground presence in 20 countries in subâ€‘Saharan Africa; fit-for-purpose representation outside Africa; and a strategic partnership with the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC). In line with the realities of risk, regulation, technology and competition that characterise our operating context, we continue to invest significantly in our diversified operations; our people and culture; our systems and infrastructure; and our brand. In doing so, we understand that our commercial success and social relevance over the long term depends on placing our clients at the centre of everything we do, and ensures that the outcomes of our activities are a catalyst for growth on this continent we call home. The long-term foreign currency ratings for The Standard Bank of South Africa, the single largest operating entity within the Standard Bank Group, are: Fitch Ratings BBB- (negative), Moody’s Baa2 (negative) and Standard & Poor’s BBB- (negative). The group is listed on the JSE Limited, share code SBK, and the Namibian Stock Exchange, share code SNB. The largest bank in the world, ICBC, is a 20.1% shareholder in the group. Other than the 20.1% ICBC shareholding, 32.9% of Standard Bank’s shareholder base is foreign. We subscribe to the Code of Banking Practice, a set of principles governing banking in South Africa and ensuring the highest standards of professionalism, integrity and fairness.