Quality Assurance and Control Officer
Job Type Full Time
Job Field Banking
Risk Management and Governance:
This is an internal supervisory function which drives the governance, framework, oversight and monitoring of the control environment across the Bank Client Experience and shared services (Operations) functions. The holder will work in partnership with all the CESS operations production departments to mitigate risk in transactions and the underlying processes.
The focus will be to mitigate operational risk through control monitoring, incidence management, adhoc reviews and procedure assurance activities. The role holder will need to develop strategic relationships in order to establish and mainatain a robust assurance mechanism.
- Control Execution and MonitoringProviding an independent assurance on the effectiveness of controls across the business by executing control assurance assessments, within the agreed timeframes, providing assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness of controls.
- Proactively identifying and assessing operational and compliance risks to ensure that internal controls are maintained at acceptable levels across the business.
- Control FrameworkTrack and Monitor Key Control Indicator performance.
- Assist and support management in doing Risk and Control Self-assessment (RCSA).
- Challenge and validate RCSA, and agree with Management
- Track and monitor RCSA & KRI action plans and amendments thereto.
- Monitor Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) and take corrective action where necessary.
- Undertake control reviewsTrack, monitor and report on overdue action plans.
- Ensure that levels and limits of authority are implemented and controlled
- Maintains robust reporting mechanisms for key control performance indicators, exceptions, trends and operational incidents
- Loss ControlIdentify changes in the pattern of losses and analyse trends affecting the CE&SS and take the necessary steps to prevent a recurrence.
- Report material incidents to Management.
- Provide coaching and training using trends/gaps identified as a base.
- Conduct root cause analysis and where necessary implement process changes where control breakdowns are evident.
- Monitor Teller and ATM differences.
- Audit and InvestigationsSupport the business to facilitate Satisfactory audit ratings and track to closure all action plans arising from risk assessments, operational risk reviews, internal and external audits and regulatory inspections to improve the control environment relating to assigned area.
- Monitor that tracking of remedial actions from internal audits, regulatory reviews, IFR investigations and other assurance reviews and ISO audits is undertaken as agreed with the business units. This will involve validation of implemented interventions prior to closure of the issues.
- Perform trend analysis on fraud incidents.
- Track and collate remedial actions
- Implement any actions or processes changes required as a result of any investigations.
- Business ResilienceEnsure BR documentation is current.
- Ensure BR exercises and tests are undertaken as required.
- Sign off and track BR actions from simulations, exercises and tests executed.
- Policy and Process OversightMonitor and review policy revisions and updates as and when they fall due.
- Identify inadequate processes and controls and provide affected Units with the irregularities to facilitate the modification of processes where required.
- Review new and amended processes to ensure robustness of controls embedded within them and sign off/approve the procedures as required
- Training and AwarenessCoach, support and deliver and implement the control framework across the business
- Control ReportingMaintains robust reporting mechanisms for key control performance indicators, exceptions, trends and operational incidents to CESS Management and the necessary Governance forums.
- ComplianceEnsure implementation and adoption within assigned portfolio of all Compliance, Anti-Money
- Laundering and Sanctions related requirements contained in policies, procedures and processes. This includes monitoring and identifying any material compliance related breaches and escalating them to line management and the Compliance Office.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Standard Bank Group
Standard Bank Group is the largest African banking group by assets offering a full range of banking and related financial services. "Africa is our home, we drive her growth” Our vision is to be the leading financial services organisation in, for and across Africa, delivering exceptional client experiences and superior value. This sets the primary goals and standard of excellence we intend to achieve in the medium term. With a heritage of over 150 years, we have an on-the-ground presence in 20 countries in subâ€‘Saharan Africa; fit-for-purpose representation outside Africa; and a strategic partnership with the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC). In line with the realities of risk, regulation, technology and competition that characterise our operating context, we continue to invest significantly in our diversified operations; our people and culture; our systems and infrastructure; and our brand. In doing so, we understand that our commercial success and social relevance over the long term depends on placing our clients at the centre of everything we do, and ensures that the outcomes of our activities are a catalyst for growth on this continent we call home. The long-term foreign currency ratings for The Standard Bank of South Africa, the single largest operating entity within the Standard Bank Group, are: Fitch Ratings BBB- (negative), Moody’s Baa2 (negative) and Standard & Poor’s BBB- (negative). The group is listed on the JSE Limited, share code SBK, and the Namibian Stock Exchange, share code SNB. The largest bank in the world, ICBC, is a 20.1% shareholder in the group. Other than the 20.1% ICBC shareholding, 32.9% of Standard Bank’s shareholder base is foreign. We subscribe to the Code of Banking Practice, a set of principles governing banking in South Africa and ensuring the highest standards of professionalism, integrity and fairness.