Job Type Full Time
Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Finance: budgeting and forecasting, creating interim and annual financial statements, facilitating internal mergers and acquisitions, as well as dealing with analysts and investors.
This role is responsible for the following accounting functions: accounts payable, accounts receivable, reporting, reconciliation of control accounts, tax compliance and functions relating to the maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger.
- Support financial management
- Accountable for transactional financial data and information integrity through gathering, analysing, interpreting and reporting of financial information.
- Review transactional financial data and information integrity to ensure they accurately reflect the operating results of the business.
- Analyse and interpret data in order to provide financial management information to business stakeholders for decision making.
- Prepare and process all accounting journals and verify that supporting documentation to journals is available.
- Analyse and motivate for approval expenditure and in line with supporting documentation. Identify deviations from policy and escalate to finance manager.
- Perform a reasonability test on statutory payments due and verifying records against transactional information by performing calculations using specific formulae and procedures
- Provide relevant reports and insights on all financial management activities
- Compile monthly financial reports (and business results) and provide relevant commentary.
- Compile ad hoc financial reports (and business results) and provide relevant commentary.
- Prepares balance sheets, income statements, other reports and insights to summarise and interpret current and projected financial position and performance.
- Contribute to the budget, revised estimate, forecast and actuals by collecting all the relevant information from the relevant parties and ensuring validity, accuracy and completeness of financial information in the general ledger.
- Be a trusted advisor to the business
- Provide assistance in the budget and revised estimate, forecast and actual processes.
- Support the business finance teams in creating a finance partnership.
- Obtain an understanding of the business environment and processes which are being supported in order to add value and allow for appropriate decision making to occur.
- Provide assistance in the gathering of financial and non-financial information to support the relevant finance line manager.
- Manage stakeholder expectations appropriately
- Monitor risk and ensure compliance
- Enforce the group guidelines and policies around financial management and financial control.
- Ensure that all risk issues are managed properly, and incidents are reported timeously with all relevant stakeholders.
- Partner and comply with relevant risk and compliance regulatory frameworks for all finance activities.
- Ensure reputation and business risk is managed.
- Ensure that mandatory compliance training in finance is driven effectively.
- Assess the effectiveness of financial controls throughout the group and advise/escalate where there is misalignment by ensuring adherence to policies and controls and reviewing and testing the internal financial controls processes by performing sample tests on some IFC controls to check if they are operating as per framework
- Assist in balance sheet substantiation of all balance sheet accounts.
- Provide technical accounting support for finance and business units
- Contribute to the preparation of the annual financial statements
- Responsible for financial audits in the group
- Direct, monitor, manage and support the team in delivering on agreed performance and strategic goals
- Participate in departmental goal.
- Proactively drive own development plans.
- Direct, monitor and support your team in delivering agreed performance goals
- Undertake all functions associated with confirming recording and payment of both internal and external vendors
- Ensure that all payments are recorded, authorized and properly paid in accordance with Bank Policies, tax guidelines and in a timely manner.
- Responding to payment queries in a timely manner
- Preparation of payment runs in the system.
- Processing of foreign currency payments.
- Processing of staff claims for payments.
- Ensure secure and appropriate filling for all documents and vouchers.
- Preparation of supplier payment reconciliations
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- First Degree:Finance and Accounting/IT and Computer Sciences/Mathematical Sciences
- Type of qualification: National Certificate
- Field of study: Finance and Accounting
- Additional qualification: CPA (K)/ACCA
- Working knowledge of accounting software. (Knowledge of SAP, NBOL, Model Bank (T-24)
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
About Standard Bank Group
Standard Bank Group is the largest African banking group by assets offering a full range of banking and related financial services. "Africa is our home, we drive her growth” Our vision is to be the leading financial services organisation in, for and across Africa, delivering exceptional client experiences and superior value. This sets the primary goals and standard of excellence we intend to achieve in the medium term. With a heritage of over 150 years, we have an on-the-ground presence in 20 countries in subâ€‘Saharan Africa; fit-for-purpose representation outside Africa; and a strategic partnership with the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC). In line with the realities of risk, regulation, technology and competition that characterise our operating context, we continue to invest significantly in our diversified operations; our people and culture; our systems and infrastructure; and our brand. In doing so, we understand that our commercial success and social relevance over the long term depends on placing our clients at the centre of everything we do, and ensures that the outcomes of our activities are a catalyst for growth on this continent we call home. The long-term foreign currency ratings for The Standard Bank of South Africa, the single largest operating entity within the Standard Bank Group, are: Fitch Ratings BBB- (negative), Moody’s Baa2 (negative) and Standard & Poor’s BBB- (negative). The group is listed on the JSE Limited, share code SBK, and the Namibian Stock Exchange, share code SNB. The largest bank in the world, ICBC, is a 20.1% shareholder in the group. Other than the 20.1% ICBC shareholding, 32.9% of Standard Bank’s shareholder base is foreign. We subscribe to the Code of Banking Practice, a set of principles governing banking in South Africa and ensuring the highest standards of professionalism, integrity and fairness.